Graphic Issues

More
17 years 1 month ago #18981 by bsl
Graphic Issues was created by bsl
I've had EoC since it come out but it has stayed on the shelf the last couple of years. I've rebuilt a system about 6 months ago and just picked up a 24" LCD widescrean. It doesn't matter which Resolution I try the game at, it is very choppy almost like a stutter. Any ideas on this? I've got the base install and the Patch to 14.6 and added the junkyar. Before I went any farther I wanted to see where I left off on a saved game. I copied over the save game and that is when I noticed the issue. So I removed everything and put it back in. Did both patches and started new. Same issue, I even dropped all the graphic settings down to basic and put the resolution at 640x480 vs the 1920x1200 default resolution. I've re-installed the video and did a file check on the DirectX. Nothing seems to change. Any ideas please let me know. Thanks in advance. BSL.

System Specs.
AMD 64 4800 Dual
2GB Ram
2x Gefore 7800GTX. Tried Single and SLI mode no different.
DVD Burner
A number of different size hard drives.

I can post a DXDiag if need. If you guys have no ideas can you point me to where I might be able to get some help? Please and thank you...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 1 month ago #16452 by Shingen
Replied by Shingen on topic Graphic Issues
I'd say your system might be too fast for EoC. It was orginally made to play on a 450 mhz pentium II kit.

More
17 years 1 month ago #16453 by Jasper
Replied by Jasper on topic Graphic Issues
maybe try some of the compatibility settings (right click on the .exe etc.)

You could also try setting the processor affinity stuff to just one processor.

---
If there is hope it lies with the demo scene.
PSO and FTEX tools: pointless.net/eoc/

---
If there is hope it lies with the demo scene.
PSO and FTEX tools: pointless.net/eoc/

More
17 years 1 month ago #16454 by bsl
Replied by bsl on topic Graphic Issues
Thank you for the idea Jasper that has everything running smooth. Not at a great resolution though. Only option it givvs me is 1024 x 768 or lower. I will still experiment more with it to see what I can do to get it to 1920 x 1280. Thanks again!!

BSL

More
17 years 1 month ago #16456 by Bozobub
Replied by Bozobub on topic Graphic Issues
The fact that it only offers 1024x768 seems to hint that either your graphic card's driver isn't properly installed, or there's just some incompatibility with EoC...

More
17 years 1 month ago #16457 by bsl
Replied by bsl on topic Graphic Issues
I am thinking something incompatibility or that in Win98 mode it doesn't support the full features of the cards. considering that when it is choppy I can run it at full 1920 x 1280. Not too concern since it is working and I am back to enjoying the game.

BSL