Hi-Res Textures for EoC Ships?

More
17 years 4 months ago #18922 by Cal
The lurker de-lurks!

I was doing some flybys and closeups of the command section and tug, and I noticed that the textures are pretty low-res (though they weren't when the game was first released). Is there any chance someone created better looking, higher-res textures for the ships?

Also, I preferred the LDS sound from the original Independence War, any chance I can get the LDS sounds from IWar2 replaced with these, or would that be copyright infringement?

The point IS that Maurice still owes me a few big fat favors! THAT'S the bloody point!

The point IS that Maurice still owes me a few big fat favors! THAT'S the bloody point!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 4 months ago #15815 by GrandpaTrout
I think the LDS sound can just be copied over. If you don't want to create a mod, put it in the resources directory. It cannot be compressed, or it will not play correctly.

Have you turned on the high res textures in the graphic options? I don't know of any texture remakes, but the heyday of textures was the same year of release, and my memory is pretty fuzzy.

More
17 years 4 months ago #15842 by Cal
Replied by Cal on topic Hi-Res Textures for EoC Ships?
Everything related to visual quality is set to maximum in EoC. :)

It just kind of irritates me whenever I look at low-res maps for some reason.