Random Lock up on specific mission

More
19 years 9 months ago #18181 by Icon_cowboy
Ok I just got this game EOC and love it. I installed and patched up to current and I have not used any mods or changed anything inside the game (except patch)

I have a amd xp 2.0 (1.67ghz)
512 meg ram
ati radieon 9000 pro video card (agp 4x)
creative labs sound audigy 2.0

tdk cdr drive
western digital 40 gig hard drive (6 gig free)

windows xp

Ok ive went through and checked for updates and applied if needed on my hardware, I have all the service packs for xp.

Here is my problem, the game ran fine up untill the first mission with the little fighter guys attached to my tug. I have tried to complete this mission prolly around 30 to 40 times now and it just locks up and simply quits to desktop at random. AT complete random. Sometimes I just barely make it to the nav point where I talk to the guy oregan. Sometimes It locks up while im fighting the first 3 mauraders. Sometimes during the second fight. Its never locked up I dont think when jegs is picking up all the cargo pods. But it locks up allot either right after I hit F8 to go home (like right before the little docking movie starts) or right after both the little docking movies.

It has never crashed before till this mission and Im totally bummed as I just got those fighters (after a few failed attempts in the mission previous) and was having a ball. Im not really compter savvy but any help would be great.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 9 months ago #11040 by Tarcoon
Hi Icon_cowboy, welcome to the board.

Did you install any sound related programms or codeces recently? Upgrades of programms or drivers?

Run "DXdiag" and check the reporting. What's your DirectX version? 9.0a causes malfunctions sometimes. Use 9.0b instead.

Have you tried to deinstall - clean registry - reinstall game and patch?

There is no safe distance

More
19 years 9 months ago #11042 by Icon_cowboy
No i havent installed anything sound or soundcard related. I just looked and I have direct x 9.0b installed and i ran all the tests inside DXdiag and everything checks out.

Ill try uninstalling and reinstalling the game and patch but I dont think that is gonna fix it, im guessing it has something to do with the T-Fighters or the little fighter guys.

I can play instant action till the cows come home and it dont crash, I even started a new game and am just getting into chapter 1 again and no crash yet. Its got something to do with that mission where I meet oregan to get his stash of pods.

More
19 years 9 months ago #11044 by Vladimir
As for the crash after docking cutscene, I had the same problem in Act2. Just try to hit spacebar when the screen goes black *before* the docking cutscene. There is a mod somewhere here in the downloads section that skips the launching and docking cutscenes, I quess it may help although I never tested it.

Never-EVER forget your real life, though.

More
19 years 9 months ago #11050 by Tarcoon
As far as I remember there is no reported bug with that mission. Do you go back to base and save the game after protecting Mr. Oregon? Don't do that, the sript may get broken. Proceed to the new waypoint and free the pods.
Maybe try it without the gunbabes - use disruptors instead - but don't waste your ammo.

There was a thread about certain installed sound codeces causing malfunctions, search for "codeces".

*edit
Do you run any programms while playing? Check the running processes via "Ctrl+Alt+Del" and close all the stuff not necessary.
*/edit