Game locks up under XP, not a sound problem

More
19 years 10 months ago #10345 by Silent Vendetta
Sorry for the delay, my job keeps me away from the house for days sometimes.

The joysticks arn't actually USB, they go through the soundcard, it's the only connection for a joystick I can use (with this type of connection) I'll have to check out the dev. mode to find out if it's the mesh thats corrupted. Though it doesn't seem to matter which pod, it can be any of the regular pods, or one of the megapods

No I don't have any other programs running at all while the game is going, not even my anti-virus.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 10 months ago #10348 by Silent Vendetta
I don't suppose anyone knows where I might be able to get some new models, or if I could find anyone willing to make some new models for all of the types of cargo pods to see if that fixes the problem?

More
19 years 10 months ago #10354 by MajorTom
I still doubt it has anything to do with the avatar itself, But:

You can put any nearly any avatar you like on a cargo pod, even a ships avatar. (I've done it at least 20 time without it failing once)

look in the cargo pod .ini file for
[Avatar]
name=lws:/avatars/temp_cargopod/setup

if you want it to look like an asteroid. change that to:
[Avatar]
name=lws:/sims/custom/act2_mission11/dockable_asteroid

or whatever else you like:
for example make it look like an antenna with this:
[Avatar]
name=lws:/avatars/ms_comms/setup_tiny_nolights

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 10 months ago #10411 by Silent Vendetta
Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I seem to be unable to change what a pod looks like or is displayed as by following those instructions. Though what I did was unzip the resource to get to the files and then changed them, as far as I know the extracted files are used before the zipped ones, unless the extracted file can not be found

More
19 years 10 months ago #10415 by MajorTom
Thats right. Did you put the changed files in the games resource folder using exactly the same folder path?

i.e. you may have to create some folders in the resource folder in your game directory to match those in the resource.zip.

That is unless you unzipped the whole resource.zip to your game?
I wouldn't recommend doing that after the game is patched to F14.6. (If you opt to do so be very carefull that you do not overwrite anything when you extract it).

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 10 months ago #10546 by Silent Vendetta
Ok well I seem to have fixed the problem. It took a complete reinstall of windows (wiping everything clean and reinstalling) but I havn't run into the problem of locking up when targeting cargo pods, now if I could only get the damn pinguin (unleashed mod) to launch with drones attached to it I'd be an even happier camper.