file DirectX 8 problem?

More
8 years 2 months ago #20060 by schmatzler
Replied by schmatzler on topic DirectX 8 problem?
The tech support requires a dxdiag report, I guess this will really just go to a callcenter agent somewhere who has no idea what I'm talking about :D

But there's also a "Other" section where I sent it to. I received an ticket number, so that's at least some progress :P

I won't give up. As an ultra last resort I guess I could still reach Stephen Robertson. But of course he can't give me the legal go I need.

Space. The final frontier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #20061 by 7upMan
Replied by 7upMan on topic DirectX 8 problem?
No, but maybe he can give you the patch or has information on who has it.

More
8 years 2 months ago #20063 by schmatzler
Mmh I think I fucked up here.

3 days ago my personal wordpress blog was attacked, because...Wordpress. Since then I am on some major e-mail blacklists, because...spam.

So if GOG answered me, it may have never reached my mailbox :P SHIT.

I'll just wait a little until I'm off of the blacklists and do all this over again. -.-

More
8 years 2 months ago #20068 by schmatzler
I'm off the spam lists, sent all of it again! Fingers crossed!

The following user(s) said Thank You: 7upMan

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #20072 by schmatzler
Just to give you an update: On Monday I received a message from GOG:

Hello, just to make things faster, could you point me to that post that states the patch was sent to us? It will make investigating and searching faster, as all I am seeing is that the patch is already about 10 years old and might not work on new systems, but no files, I probably missed something.

Regards,
Natalia
GOG.com Support

Since then, nothing. I'm beginning to think that they don't have the patch anymore.

So the next step will be asking Stephen Robertson for a copy :P

Edit: Sent a mail to Stephen.

Hi Stephen,

first of all, let me thank you for working on such an amazing game like Independence War 2. It made my childhood so much better and I still play it nowadays from time to time.

Last year we relaunched our community on i-war2.com and the games got a little more attention due to the Steam release. Since then, we're going pretty strong. People are still sending in content for the games to this day.

We discovered some posts from you in our old forums and on GOG stating that a DirectX8 patch was finished, but never released and that you had actually send this patch to GOG.

I made contact with GOG, but they basically replied that they never received any patch. They even asked me where I got this information from.

So I kindly like to ask if you can get me a copy of this patch? I'm fully aware that I'm not allowed to release it unless Atari gives the go for it. It's just very difficult to nag Atari about letting us release a patch we don't even have in the first place. ;)

I hope your answer will be positive, so our I-War fans can maybe get a little polish for EoC after all of these years. However, I fully understand if it's not.

Regards,
-Danny

More
8 years 2 months ago #20073 by IronDuke
Replied by IronDuke on topic DirectX 8 problem?
*Recrosses fingers more emphatically*

--IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)