Logitech Joystick/WinXP

More
20 years 1 month ago #17993 by Mahdi
Hi.

I've had EoC for years now, and it ran fine on my machine under Win98. However, ever since I upgraded to WinXP, my Logitech Wingman Force shakes uncontrollably whenever I'm using thrusters, and worse when I go to LDS drive.

Any idea what's causing this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 1 month ago #9296 by jumbo
Replied by jumbo on topic Logitech Joystick/WinXP
Make sure you have the latest drivers, check for similar problems in other games. If is only EoC there are dead zone tweaks in flux.ini that might help.

www.independencewar.com/download ... m#DeadZone

Jumbo

<font color=gold>[wide beam,Marain clear.tra. @4.28.891.7393+]</font id=gold>
xGCU Grey Area
oGSV Sleeper Service
It's all right. Goodbye and farewell.

<font color="gold">[wide beam,Marain clear.tra. @4.28.891.7393+]</font id="gold">
xGCU Grey Area
oGSV Sleeper Service
<b>It's all right. Goodbye and farewell.</b>

More
20 years 1 month ago #9297 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Logitech Joystick/WinXP
Hmmm... sounds like force-feedback with a vengance. [8D] My joystick also shakes rather annoyingly during those situations. You probably have a means of adjusting the level of feedback for your joystick in the joystick calibration screen.

Also, there's a mod called Joystick Force Feedback (ff_mod) which 'tones down' the wild shaking of the ff... though I've never tried it out. If you do give it a shot be sure to read the readme file. This mod installs differently than usual.

Mod is loacted here: i-war2.com/downloads.htm
Under the heading Pre- 14.6 Mods.

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">