iFleet, FutureTrader and Free Form

More
20 years 6 months ago #17829 by Andur
First, I must say that iFleet + FutureTrader give new life to FreeForm, so kudos to the mod makers. It's almost like I-War 3.

However, iFleet does seem a little buggy to me. For instance: my main player-ship name (the advPatcom, edited to Miss Fortune) sometimes appears blank on the ship-selection in-flight panel. If I jump to another ship, I can't jump back. This doesn't happen consistently, and I can't track it down.
Also. Am I supposed to be able to jump to other ship, go outside the 200 km radius, and then go back, and jump again into the PatCom? The above mentioned bug seems to trigger in that case.
And yesterday, the fleet that was awaiting for me at Lucrecia's Base just dissappeared. Agreed, they were just 2 tugs and an Interceptor, but that would have been very annoying if I had a REAL fleet there. Right now, I just capture tugs one-by-one myself, to practice with the system. Does this happen often? I just use one Free-Form savegame, but I may start using 2, just in case.

A piece of advice: although you crash the game if you go to the ENG screen of another ship, you can still use the SHIFT - <- | -> keys to shift subsystem energy.

Aside from the b1tching, I'd like some feedback from the people out there playing modded freeform like me.

Where, and how, do you prefer capturing new ships? Right now, I just use Bane(sp?) L-Point near the base to capture tugs. Even with Class 1 LDS drives, the l-point is so near the base that they arrive in no time.

Are you as annoyed as me with Maas Corporation? They are now hostile by default, and they are always attacking me during cargo or capture operations, or worse, while I'm docked to a station with the screen filled with the trade GUI. Man, if I knew how to mod, I'd modify StationAssault so as to don't respawn Maas bases, and alter the traffic scripts to remove Maas presence from a system if no bases remain. A Cal's Revenge mod, a real quest for freeform ;-)

How do you make money? Manufacturing and selling as a lawful man brings losses, not profit. And selling pirated stuff brings small profits only. For example, selling my Patcom will only buy 3 quad light gunstars for my base!

I'd like some kind of guide to know where to buy and sell stuff. For example, what can I expect to sell to an agrisetting for a good price, what to a manufacturing plant, what to outlaws etc.

Also, does attacking bases bring any profit? I managed to destroy a couple Neutronium Stations in Dagda alone in my Patcom, and after such a feat I'd expect some kind of reward, but I didn't get a single kilogram of Neutronium.

And, can I buy a second AntiMatter Stream or Assault Cannon anywhere?

You know, a link should be added to the top of i-war2.com. Like a "I've finished the game, now what?" guide. I doubt that many people know how much fun they can have with StationAssault, iFleet and FutureTrader installed on their free-form, while they wait for Gold Rush, Epics and a campaing for Ingame Buda5.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 6 months ago #7239 by Shane

Are you as annoyed as me with Maas Corporation? They are now hostile by default, and they are always attacking me during cargo or capture operations, or worse, while I'm docked to a station with the screen filled with the trade GUI.

GrandpaTrout wrote a mod which allows you to change the feelings of the factions (towards the player). With it you could set Maas as neutral (or even friendly if you like). I don't see it anywhere on the Epic File Center... perhaps GrandpaTrout can post it for you. Or I can email it to you if he gives the ok.

For my own modded free-form game, I got rid of all my cargo and credits, took away all ships but the Storm Petrel, and set every faction except illegals to hate me. I also commented out the J (Jaffs) key out of my config, so I can only haul one pod home at a time. Future Trader allows me to buy stuff, and I have I-Fleet active (but the Storm Petrel cannot carry enough marines to really capture anything too useful and I have no disruptors yet anyway ;)). I simply stay away from the trade screen.

I'm at my best against difficult odds. :D

No confusion; just wrong or right ... Only Solutions

More
20 years 6 months ago #7241 by GrandpaTrout
The faction change mod is in Epic release 3e. Your welcome to edit. You can change the feelings between any factions. I think the engine should pick that up and you should see new fighting break out, or old fighting stop.

There is a station assault add on for future trader and iFleet. But I don't remember how it chooses the cargo pods it dispenses.

-Gtrout

More
20 years 6 months ago #7247 by Andur

Originally posted by GrandpaTrout

There is a station assault add on for future trader and iFleet. But I don't remember how it chooses the cargo pods it dispenses.

Is that the Station Assault available on "downloads", or is it i-fleet,FT specific?

Some stations (like The Ritz, for example) do have gunstars and destroyers around them, but I haven't tried attacking those yet. Stations without gunstars just don't give any rewards.

More
20 years 6 months ago #7248 by GrandpaTrout
it has been too long for me to remember clearly. station assault was also written by Zazicle.

-Gtrout

More
20 years 6 months ago #7256 by Andur
It just happened again. Pressing the "load unigui" bind said "no available unigui subscreens available", and pressing shift-u (the ifleet bind) returned the in-station marines buy screen also during flight. Upon returning, then launching from base, all my fleet (5 tugs :-) ) just wasn't there.

A similar thing happens with the Location Finder: all system names say "Name Error!", still usable though (this also happened in the main campaign).

What I do when, after launch, all my fleet is gone: I DON'T SAVE, go back to the game's main manu, and load my last save (not autosave). I, of course, lose my last loot. This is very annoying, seeing that I need MASSIVE (around 3 Jafs' full cargoes on his megatransport) L-Points raids to have enough loot to sell profitably, and this takes time... I get around 100.000 CU's on every sorty, I've got around 500.000 and want more than 1 million to buy my first quad-light gunstar for my base.

This bug happens on around 50-75% of my sorties. It's as if some mods randomly turned off themselves and you need to go back to the main screen and reload to turn them on again. I repeat, this happened also on the main game with the location finder mod... strange how all of this seems unigui related?

BTW, is there a way to up the number of tags available? Right now, I liberate more containers than I can tag, and thus I need to manually tag new containers as Jafs docks with them, and this is boooooooring(tm).