unable to create ship

More
18 years 9 months ago #13346 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic unable to create ship

Originally posted by Joco

So the Hanger would link beamed weapons without a CTD?? If it does then there IS a way to do it. We just need to find the right pattern.

Apparently the hanger will, if the weapons Link hardware is in inventory. ;)

One could assume if it was a Subsim you could add it to the ship as a subsim and it would do it's thing. Off hand I can't think of a way to make a proper subsim out of a hcargo either.

It appears to be a cargo though doesn't it? (since it does work if it's in the players inventory when he does the loadout)

If for some reason you can't go into a Hanger, maybe you can use:
// Set the cargo to attach to the player ship.
iLoadout.SetCargo( int cargo_type ); [?]

I dunno, I've always coded MP and never messed with the iloadout stuff. Maybe all you have to do is make sure it's in inventory and the game activates it automagícally[?]

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 9 months ago #13349 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic unable to create ship
IIRC, in the loadout screen Weapon Link is listed as being installed under the CPU with the other programs the player may acquire throughout the game. Wouldn't that make it a program?

More
18 years 9 months ago #13351 by EricMan64
Replied by EricMan64 on topic unable to create ship
I believe that weapon link is the 'program' that makes it so your weapons can fire simultaneously rather than one after another. It's an entirely different process than having the ship recognize two weapons as belonging together. That is the 'link' we are trying to achieve. It's a little bit difficult to explain.

More
18 years 9 months ago #13352 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic unable to create ship
Ah... sorry. I misunderstood. You're talking identical weapons having to be switched through even though they're of the same type. In the standard game they're grouped together even in chain fire mode. Is this correct?

More
18 years 9 months ago #13353 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic unable to create ship

Originally posted by EricMan64

I believe that weapon link is the 'program' that makes it so your weapons can fire simultaneously rather than one after another. It's an entirely different process than having the ship recognize two weapons as belonging together. That is the 'link' we are trying to achieve. It's a little bit difficult to explain.

I don't think it's a "program" because they are all listed in resource/subsims/systems/player/programs.

Apparently there is no .ini file whatsoever for a weapon link either as a sim, subsim, or program. The only reference to a weapon link that I could ever find in the game is the CT_WeaponsLinkHardware (enum 555).

I thought it had been established, if that cargo type was in the players inventory the weapon link would work (and if it was not in inventory the weapon link doesn't work)? Is that not the case?

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site