unable to create ship

More
18 years 9 months ago #13321 by EricMan64
Replied by EricMan64 on topic unable to create ship
Give these functions a try:
Code:
iMultiplay.LinkShipWeapons( hship ship ); iMultiplay.UnlinkShipWeapons( hship ship );
Use these to link or unlink the ship's weapons. But, as GrandpaTrout has already warned, you cannot use these functions on a ship with beam weapons. If you call the linking function on a ship with any number of beam weapons, or if you add beam weapons to a ship after calling the function, the game will crash to desktop. I have poked around with this many times in the past, and I have yet to find any way around this limitation. If you manage to find a way, please, let us know. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 9 months ago #13327 by TheCoredump
Replied by TheCoredump on topic unable to create ship
Correct, using
Code:
iMultiplay.LinkShipWeapons( hship ship );
solve the linking problem of the pbc, but not missiles (but missiles aren't a problem).
Thanks

TheCoredump

TheCoredump

More
18 years 9 months ago #13332 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic unable to create ship
It's been reported, if you put beam weapons on a ship in the single player game and then call: iMultiplay.LinkShipWeapons( hship ship );
The game will crash. I dunno, I've never tried it.

Has anyone ever tried to simply add the weapons link to inventory and then mount it in the hangar? For example:

iInventory.Add( 555, 1 );
(thats the enum for the Cargo_WeaponLinkHardware)

Then put the darn thing on the ship in the hanger and let the game do the rest. [?]

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
18 years 9 months ago #13342 by EricMan64
Replied by EricMan64 on topic unable to create ship
The hanger does all the linking automatically. The trouble is linking weapons without the hanger.

More
18 years 9 months ago #13343 by Joco
Replied by Joco on topic unable to create ship
So the Hanger would link beamed weapons without a CTD?? If it does then there IS a way to do it. We just need to find the right pattern.

More
18 years 9 months ago #13344 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic unable to create ship
Well the hanger is C++ code. So it can reach object properties that we don't know how to reference (no object property name list has been found). And it might be setting them up with custom methods we cannot access. (just a wild guess why they are crashing is the properties cannot be init correctly from POG).