Control Configs - Interesting finding

More
18 years 11 months ago #18429 by GrandpaTrout
I expect everyone knew this but me, however I thought I would post about it.

I just noticed that if you add another control.ini file in the configs directory, that the game notices and allows the player to choose the config file at run time.

I always just overwrote the games standard config file with a file containing my new keybinds. But you don't have to do that. So I created an Epic config file. The player can now choose the config file to match whatever kind of game he is playing.

Aside from the mod directory, I had not seen the game offer choices like this before. Just thought it would be a useful item for everyone to know about.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 11 months ago #12943 by EricMan64
If I remember correctly, there's even a pog command somewhere that can change config files. I considered using it in Gold Rush to make it always switch to a Gold Rush config file whenever you run the mod.

Edit:
Oh there it is,
Code:
prototype Input.SelectInputScheme( int index ); prototype int Input.CurrentInputScheme(); prototype string Input.NthInputSchemeName( int index ); prototype int Input.NumInputSchemes();
There you have it, a toolbox of fun. You can make an options screen within Epic to select which one it loads.[8D]

More
18 years 11 months ago #12946 by Shane
Surprised me... I'd always overwritten the originals also.

Nice thing to know.

Thanks. :D