Geography Tools

More
19 years 3 months ago #12085 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic Geography Tools
I just checked. The code is included with the Geog tools. I expect the most useful thing about the code is the binary structure definitions in GeogDef.h.

You can also take a look at this zip file, which has EricMans collected notes on the structures as we discovered them. Quite useful.

www.i-war2.com/epic/files/Geog%20Forum.zip

I am all for seeing a graphical version of these tools show up. Lots of people could make use of them. Let me know if you have any questions.

-Gtrout

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 3 months ago #12090 by Unheard Of
Replied by Unheard Of on topic Geography Tools
I must have an old version of the tool, there is no GeogDef.h file (geog.cpp is dated 22 February 2003). Is there an updated link to the tools? The old link ( www.i-war2.com/epic/files/geog.zip ) 404's for me, and I can't see it on the Epic d/l page.

Second Chance - I don't know if you've had time to e-mail me, but if you have it hasn't reached me. I've PM'ed you my e-mail address via the Atari forums.

More
19 years 3 months ago #12091 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic Geography Tools
I'm really sorry about that. I keep meaning to, it's just the holiday rush keeps making me forget. I'm going to try to email you tonight.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 3 months ago #12092 by Unheard Of
Replied by Unheard Of on topic Geography Tools
Don't worry about it if you're busy with other things - I'll be working on something else till Christmas anyway, and I'm away for New Year. I will resume nagging in January :)

More
19 years 3 months ago #12094 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Geography Tools
In late January we'll really be into making lots of maps for the starwars mod and it would be very cool (and save a lot of time) if we could place the furniture using a graphical map editor/creator.

The maps will be very small in diameter (200 km dia.) located in/on a larger standard EOC map.

Would the map editor you have planned be usefull for that?

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 3 months ago #12095 by mdvalley
Replied by mdvalley on topic Geography Tools
The zip file is named GeogTools2.0a.zip

The link:
www.i-war2.com/epic/files/GeogTools2.0a.zip
(In the cloud texture thread, of all places. Remember to update your csv files!)

And the code you need if you want L-Points off the ecliptic:
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1819

And I prefer text mapmaking over graphical, but I’m a perfectionist with that sort of thing and graphical stuff tends to be too sloppy for me. What the heck, graphical might be fun.