I wanna mod this game!

More
19 years 3 months ago #12308 by Second Chance
LOL! I think the EoC ships are a little bigger than you realize. Someone correct me here if I'm wrong, but wasn't the corvette something like the size of a modern-day super-freighter? The Storm Petrel itself is as large as the Millennium Falcon. These are quite large ships in this game.

Here's a really cool old thread with some size comparisons (warning: spoilers).
www.i-war2.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1464

I'm a little hesitant to resurrect that thread, since I never made the last requested pics. But maybe this'll get people complaining to me until I do. [}:)]

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 3 months ago #12312 by BlasterMaster555
So that means the USS Defiant, slated to be 180 meters in size, is only slightly bigger than the Heavy Corvette!

All power to the engines!!!

More
19 years 3 months ago #12313 by Second Chance
Yes, it would mean that. ;)

The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)

More
19 years 3 months ago #12325 by BlasterMaster555
I got the Romulan Warbird in the game, but I already have problems...

1: The textures for the main body don't show
2: The "head" of the warbird don't show
3: When I switch to external view, all of a sudden most textures disappear, and I have a bunch of blocks for every display...
4: I forgot to scale the individual objects...

However, once I get stuff fixed, I am going to make "Pulse Disruptors" for the Warbird...

More
19 years 3 months ago #12330 by Second Chance
How about some screenshots. It would be easier to diagnose. If you're a wiz with Lightwave, one thing I would suggest is to go through the model and remove all of the "damage" surfaces and polygons and weld up the "broken" polygons to make the model more unified. That information can't be used anyway and just inflates the file size. I had texture troubles with my early conversions as well. I believe it's caused by the stacking of differently surfaced polygons in the same space designed to be shown at different times. But since EoC doesn't accept the KA surface command set, they all display at once, fighting for dominance. And you end up with a jumbled mess.

And if you're going to be doing any serious (or casual) modeling for EoC I suggest you try out my Beauty Sim mod (available in the main download area). It was designed specifically for making it faster and easier to check out models you're trying to get in-game. It should prove quite helpful.

More
19 years 3 months ago #12332 by BlasterMaster555
Sure thing. Naturally, I removed all the damage models before adding it to the game.

I am currently working on a Nebula-class ship, which is going to replace the Vishnu (?) cruiser. I'm gonna temporarily put the silly phasers on it, until I figure out how to do the turret fighter phasers. There's a LOT of hardpoints I have to put on the Nebula, especially the eight hardpoints for the weapon pod torpedo launchers, that is, if I decide that the pod should be a weapons pod...

Speaking of which, it would be nice if someone could create a model of a Photon Torpedo for me. I have an idea of how to do photons, esp. Burst Fire tubes, but I have yet to implement.