act 1 b

More
21 years 3 months ago #17686 by pat
act 1 b was created by pat
no matter what i do the gunstar kill me unless i get docked to the gunstar before they all go hostile.with i fine is impossible to do.:(!:(!:(!:(!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 3 months ago #4776 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic act 1 b
Hello Pat. I'm assuming you're talking about the mission "The Trouble with Gunstars". It's a little challenging.

Have you downloaded and installed the Edge of Chaos ver 14.6 patch from Particle Systems? If not it can be found on this site here:
i-war2.com/bugs_fixes.html

This was the problem I encountered the first time I played this mission. The patch changes the pattern the gunstars go online, and makes it a little easier. Actually, it makes it a lot easier.

No confusion; just wrong or right ... Only Solutions

More
21 years 2 months ago #5211 by munkeefish
Replied by munkeefish on topic act 1 b
well, i've got both patches, installed them, and every time i trip the security, all the gunstars flash on and off at the same time. from various hints, tips and walkthrus i can find, that doesn't sound right.

help.
anything.
just make it go!

*sob*

I can have you shot, you know.

I can have you shot, you know.

More
21 years 2 months ago #5213 by Han
Replied by Han on topic act 1 b
well i think you guys are stuck on the same mission i'm stuck. but i am far worse i think, you guys are talking about security but i havent even discovered that yet.

when i dock onto the station all the gunstars start shooting at me and i'm killed in a few seconds. they tell me to dock the station and then i get killed, very weird. when i'm docked i cant do anythign anymore, cant undock can fly away nothing. so i just sit there being shot at.

i tried docking to a gunstar first before docking to the station but nothing happened, and i always end up trying it again to dock onto the station as some kind of last resort (maybe THIS time i wont get shot) but it's no use. i get killed.

help!

[ps i like this game but those last missions are just HORRIBLE. there no fun at all, the mission were you have to recover the fighters from the maas base was as sucking as this one. i'm a experienced gamer and any normal game i should be able to finish without any cheats or help or whatever, but this beats everything. also the game had no good tutorial, and NOWERE you can change, or even look up, the keyboard commands!]

More
21 years 2 months ago #5214 by Han
i found this interesting part in the walktrough:

3) When you arrive at the base, dock to it (you will be prompted to do so as you get close).

4) Upon doing so, Smith will go aboard and accidentally activate all the gunstars.

5) Further dialogue will explain that you are safe on the station (the gunstars are programmed not to shoot at it), and the gunstars have intermittent power supplies. So if you can undock quickly while the power is off to a gunstar, you could dock and capture it.

well , getting killed isnt exactly what i understand from "safe on the station". is this a bug or something?

han

More
21 years 2 months ago #5216 by Han
okey forget everything i just said! i should have not touched anything LOL. when i do nothing they dont shoot also. i'm so stupid

btw posting at this boards help a lot, everytime i post my problem, start the game again i solve the problem, although my posts are not answered yet LOL

thnx!