Meet the Oman

More
21 years 5 months ago #17612 by Getaway
Meet the Oman was created by Getaway
I have gone as far as I can in the game without completing this mission, I can do wisdom and courage trials but I can't do the cunning one, I've tried having my turret fighters guard my ship but it always gets blown up, has anyone else got any tips for this mission.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 5 months ago #3691 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Meet the Oman
!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!

Do you have the Self-defence program? That really helps. Also, have the t-fighters undocked and set to protect the drone ship.

Now, I've never waited for the t-fighters to destroy the gunstars... I always start my run by targetting the first waypoint and hitting autopilot (F6) to go to it. As soon as you get to it, the next point will be targeted. Hit F6. And so on and so on.

Resist the impulse to thrust override and go faster. It will only make you take longer to stop. While the gunstars and t-fighters (and your ship with the self-defence module) blaze away at each other, just go your merry way, autopiloting from point to point.[8D]

No confusion; just wrong or right ... Only Solutions

More
21 years 5 months ago #3698 by Getaway
Replied by Getaway on topic Meet the Oman
Believe it or not I've tried that and been blown away 5 times in a row now, I'm going to try altering my weapons loadout, maybe gatling cannons and blizzard rockets might work better. Oh and doesn't the self defence module only work when you are attacked youself? Cause I don't think my ship has done anything and I've got it parked right in the middle of those gunstars.

More
21 years 5 months ago #3700 by jojobird
Replied by jojobird on topic Meet the Oman
SPOILER

Use this as a last resort. I think of it as cheating a little, but that mission can be really hard.
Fly to the waypoint, approch with f6. Then aim for the next waypoint, hit L L quickly and when close hit f6 again. Repeat as many times as needed. It should work quite easily

Regards, Sergej

Regards, Sergej

More
21 years 5 months ago #3702 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Meet the Oman
The self-defence module will cause your ship to engage any enemy within a 30km radius. It does not wait for you to be attacked.

Twice now in the game I've fired a REM missile, and had my ship shoot it before I could reach the target.

No confusion; just wrong or right ... Only Solutions

More
21 years 4 months ago #3948 by Arcturus
Replied by Arcturus on topic Meet the Oman
Can someone tell me how to beat the Wisdom trial then? I have no clue as to what i'm supposed to do