The Trouble With Gunstars...

More
21 years 11 months ago #1771 by Pandion
Try undocking then use the override on your thruster's to get there quicker and then dock to the gunstar's

Give it a good bang.....

See I told you that would fix it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 11 months ago #1777 by EricMan64
I think one of the patches might have made this mission easier...or it made it harder...or I'm thinking of something else. If you don't have the patch, give it a try.

More
21 years 11 months ago #1783 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic The Trouble With Gunstars...
Absolutely...make sure you have the patch! I tried this mission about sixty times (no exaggeration) before finally giving up and searching the internet for a solution. Then found this site and Soupdragon told me to get the patch...and I completed the mission the first time with the patch...

With the patch: all gunstars go online and offline pretty much at the same time.

Without the patch: gunstars go online two at a time with various intervals online and off.

Edited by - Shane on 10 May 2002 03:21:41

More
21 years 11 months ago #1789 by Stephen Robertson PS
Yes, that's why I tweaked the mission for the patch.

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson
Particle Systems
Independence War Website

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson
I-War series co-designer.

More
21 years 11 months ago #1809 by deathsai
i keep trying, ive got the patch, i use thruster override, the gunstars take me down to about 15% hull armor remaing when i am in director mode for the dock, and then the one im docking to turns on and fires right into my engine, killing me easily. argh, i wish it were easier! MAN! Is there an indestructable patch?

You can no more evade my wrath, than you could your own shadow-Dark Templar

You can no more evade my wrath, than you could your own shadow-Dark Templar

More
21 years 11 months ago #1810 by Pandion
If you have unzipped the resource zip to another location, look for the repair system's ini that you are using copy and paste it into your main game resource (the same subfolder's etc) directory and edit it's repair rate to something higher. and if you wish to play the game fairly again just delete the repair ini straight afterwards.

Give it a good bang.....

Edited by - Pandion on 11 May 2002 14:31:12

Give it a good bang.....