MCA blockade mission help

More
16 years 7 months ago #19021 by Alfabat
I have 2 problems with 2 different saves.
1. Old save.
Clear mines and marauders and formate with freighter in MCA group.
After a few seconds of entering LDS a voice goes "Aaaaargh!" and
mission ends as failed. Why? There are no marauders on radar.

2. New save.
On exiting the L-point there are no mines and my ship seems to
still be on autopilot. The mission then ends as failed.

Any answers would be appreciated as I've tried this about 8 times now and cannot move any further in the game.
Thanx.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 7 months ago #16616 by Odomus
Replied by Odomus on topic MCA blockade mission help
Try hitting F5 as soon as you get out of the L point transit cutscene... that should help, or while you are in the cutscene hit F5 that will take you out of any AP you are in.

Also, LDS shouldnt be engaging at all so you are either hitting the L key or something to that effect, because that missions stops right after you hit the L point on the other side, meaning that is where you have to clear the mines.

Also, Which I have been questioned a few time by friends... did you use the patch 14.6f well 14. something that supposely solves a few problem in missions.

I had this same problem, a few times no mines the ships come through and poof the missions fails, and another time, yeh I end up right out of the L point about 150km away form the L point and I fail all Immed too.
I just kept trying it till i found out that some how hitting F5 while in transit helped...so I would try that. (and no i wasent in LDS at all so it didnt make sense to me but it worked).

I hope this helped. Sorry for the Long time reply if you will even read this.

IM me I get bored really quick!

IM me I get bored really quick!

More
16 years 7 months ago #16628 by wmdragon
Replied by wmdragon on topic MCA blockade mission help
very strange. I can only speculate:

1. old save
when you go into LDS, you can die immediately upon collision with ships or planets. one would think the game's pathfinding and AI would keep you from such collisions, but I have died like that once or twice on LDS autopilot. maybe you are too close to some object? try formating with a freighter that is not too close to others. I do remember formatting with freighters on some missions and getting awfully close to them.

2. new save
could it be that the game thinks the mission has been completed already, so it doesnt populate the mines? maybe the save file is corrupted, or the game keeps tracks of mission progress elsewhere (which I doubt)