Oman Troubles Act 2

More
18 years 6 months ago #18562 by Infecta
Oman Troubles Act 2 was created by Infecta
Hi all. I recently picked up Edge of Chaos again after I stopped playing because I got stuck at Gunstars mission. I managed to get to act 2 and have gotten my Patcom and have started to get it kitted out nicely. I met the Oman and after a couple of tries, I completed the courage test. After completing the test, I was told that they had no vessels remaining for me to try the other tests and that I should come back later. I went back to base and did some pirating, and completed other parts of missions available to me ( finding mining equipment etc), then went back to Daru Al Salaam and found that I cannot continue with the tests. DO I have to wait longer or is the mission broken now and I will have to reload? Im not sure I have a suitable savegame for that so Im hoping that there is some way around this. Id be very grateful for any tips. Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 6 months ago #13731 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Oman Troubles Act 2
Sounds like something's broken. Try here:

www.i-war2.com/downloads_6.htm

More
18 years 6 months ago #13734 by Infecta
Replied by Infecta on topic Oman Troubles Act 2
THanks Shane, I was afraid of that. I will give it one last try later on, if not then I will use the save games you listed. I prefer not to "cheat" but will do what is neccessary to pass the mission. Another quick question if I may? If I download the Meet the Oman file, does it start out with all the previously listed missions already completed, or are they in no particular order? THe only one I havent done before Meet the Oman is the Kong Fracture, so If I use your save file, then I assume that Kong Fracture will already have been completed?

Thanks again, and hey I used to keep a look out for that Simulator you were building...(or was it another Shane?) Did that ever see completion, or is it still ongoing?

More
18 years 6 months ago #13736 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Oman Troubles Act 2
The savegame files are in order, so if you must resort to them but still want to play the Kong Fracture mission then all I can suggest is to download both, play through the Kong Fracture, and then load up the Meet the Oman mission. That way you won't miss out on anything.

The simulator sits in statis, halfway finished. I've become embroiled in some rather large projects. However I do still go out and work on it from time to time (it's in my workshop) when I need to clear my head. Kinda what I do to relax.

More
18 years 6 months ago #13748 by Infecta
Replied by Infecta on topic Oman Troubles Act 2
Thanks for the infos. I went back and used a previous saved game (just lost some pirating goods) and lo and behold, i was offerd the trials before I even came to a stop this time. I finished that pesky cunning trial without too much trouble, used the T fighters to keep the gunstars busy while I autopiloted through.

Thanks for the help, those save game files you listed might yet come in handy!!