ACT 2

More
18 years 8 months ago #18476 by K.E.P
ACT 2 was created by K.E.P
i've been flying around the bad lands for a long time now and i'm still stuck at act 2. the anyoying thing is that i have so many outstanding jobs and i don't know where to go. any ieder's

This is what the missions i havr left outstanding.

"Act 2"
1). Find help to combat maruders in other systems/
2). Find enough pilots to fly MCA fleet vessels
"Wolf's Lair"
3). Track down marauder base
"Need Ore"
4). Pirate pods of ore
5). Complet the trade via Jafs

Any help will be aprecated alot.
send any messages to mailto:Kevin_E_Pedrick@hotmail.com]Kevin_E_Pedrick@hotmail.com

K.E.P

K.E.P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 8 months ago #13293 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic ACT 2
Act II can get a bit overwhelming at times. The missions and jobs start arriving in waves. Just take them one at a time. Nearly every mission has either a.) the location of where you're supposed to go in the email itself, or b.) a waypoint on your contact list where you're supposed to meet others.

Some missions (like Need Ore) only require a single action. You grab some ore and then trade it via the trade screen at your base. Or wipe some poor soul out of existance. Or defend a freighter, etc.

Others (like Find Help to Combat Marauders...) require multiple actions by the player over many launches. In this particular one you've got to contact various factions throughout the Badlands and somehow get them to pledge help for a massed strike against the Marauders. So explore... and especially remember what you were told (by Clay or by others) the first time you visited each system. These are hints of the people you need to contact.

I will tell you this; I hear there's a Sherriff who's running the show in Firefrost. He's up to his neck in alligators (Marauders) and needs some help. And that the Third Way in Eureka needs some help with the same problem, but are too stiff-necked to ask. And the strength of the Oman will be needed to make this alliance work.

If you get stuck, don't resort to the walkthroughs. The walkthroughs are very detailed, but tend to ruin surprises... use them only as a last resort. Post your questions here. Everyone here is very careful not to spoil the surprises and is happy to help.

Cheers!

More
13 years 7 months ago #17033 by slickvic
Replied by slickvic on topic ACT 2
I had this exact same problem when I played it back in the day.

I know this is a 5 year old post but my recommendation might come in handy for new pilots.

- Only open ONE email at a time!
If the email only offers information, then open the next one. Complete the current mission in the email before opening the next email.
(Older emails are at the top of your inbox.)

- You should now only have one main mission objective to investigate. Again, wait until that mission is completed before opening any additional emails.

This method made my EOC game experience a LOT more enjoyable. When I first played the game in 2002 I opened every email that came in and had a mess of objectives which caused me to give up on the game. [:(]

P.S. Use the time between emails to go out and play Pirate at some L-points to build your inventory of cargo.
If Smith nags you early in the game about "having unread messages and to quit fannying around", just ignore him.
You can take your own sweet time and pirate all you want between missions. [}:)]

AKA "Lostpilot" on the Atari forums.

AKA "Lostpilot" on the Atari forums.