Act 2 Mission " meet the oman" trial CUNNING

More
19 years 4 months ago #11965 by LyonHaert
Shane I tried that the first few times but always ended up as swiss cheese.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 4 months ago #11978 by brigman
Yeah, had all the above mentioned problems and overcame them.

I think if you get your t-fighters or the ship involved (with the self defence software) theres a chance of moving the asteroid nearest the megafreighter that holds the training vessels. This exposes them to gunstar attack and explains the 'you have no ships left' problem.

By far the best way to trump this mission is to use LDS to approach the waypoints, dropping out just before reaching it. Begin spinning round towards the next one straight away, using the LDS drive to lose your rotational inertia by engaging it again when the next waypoint is almost dead ahead. This completely eliminates the oversteering issues associated with the sluggish training vessel and, as you are either turning at full lock or in LDS, it keeps the gunstars guessing.

More top tips from brigman, the TipMaster

More
19 years 4 months ago #11979 by aargh
:)

Thanks for all the replies. Will try out what has been suggested & see what happens & let you know.

More
19 years 4 months ago #12025 by aargh
:)

Well finally got the cunning mission over. Should be called trial of frustration. Forget T fighters & protecting training vessel, it doesn't work. I even tried docking the patch to the frieghter still got to the end but got the same message of going through all their training vessels though none were destroyed and the freighter was intact. This thing insists on doing it the LDS way and not destroying any of the gunships.

So its LDS between waypoints, orienting yourself to each one. Just cliking to autopilot to each one doesn't work either. You have to try & get the right combo of LDS, thrusters and orienting just right.

Thanks to all who gave hints. Now have to figure what else to do to get to act 3.

More
19 years 1 month ago #12573 by aargh
Ok done the game once minus the mods. So now playing again with a couple mods, like a whole new game. However I really don't want to do that !!!!! cunning oman trial thing again, too frustrating. Anyone know where I can find a mission save file for the trial or where to change file stuff so I don't have to do this thing again. Imagine not 1 single mod will help with this cunning thing LOL

More
19 years 1 month ago #12579 by Tarcoon
Lol - come on hero ;)

Give it a try. Your flying skills are improved. Take the challenge. No LDS necessary. Do a smooth slalom.
Maybe the problems of your first attempt don't show up.

(Savegames are available here: i-war2.com/downloads_6.htm )

There is no safe distance

There is no safe distance