Act 2 Mission " meet the oman" trial CUNNING

More
19 years 9 months ago #18205 by plaza
Help!
Any tips of any kind? I try putting the T-fight loose and defending training vessel, I position the patcom(my ship) close to were the gunstars will show up, when I get within 5km w the tra. vessel the actual tr. ground shows up. I just can´t seem to avoid getting blown up or not making the time limit, my ship and t-fight are loaded with gat. cannons and missiles, my ship doesn´t seem to shoot properly, the t-fight do most of the shooting, I have the self-defense-soft. Any tips, workaounds, cheats!! I´ve tried a million times....
Thank´s

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 9 months ago #11344 by They_HunGer
is this the mission where you get the gold from all the mines?? if so this is a "SPOILER ALERT"...... first, dont just get into the training grounds. u must get the gold first, THEN go to the training grounds and then mission accomplished.

Its not about you dying for your country... its about making your enemies die for theirs.

~C.C. Rocks~

More
19 years 4 months ago #11958 by LyonHaert
A few months later... in case anybody else looks for answers here...

No, that's the Courage trial. The Cunning trial is where you have to hide behind asteroids to not be shot by 4 gunstars, while making your way through 8 waypoints that zig-zag across the field. The closest I got to success was to get off the the side of the field, as the asteroids, gunstars, and waypoints are on a plane, with the waypoints on the outside edges of the field. Then I just zig-zagged perpendicular to this plane with LDS constantly on, but on the lowest speed. The gunstars, even if active, never shot at me. What is difficult is that you have to hit each waypoint dead-center to get it, and I would miss 2-3 times, even if I thought I was dead-on, so I couldn't get closer than getting to the second-to-last waypoint with just a few seconds left.

So, I employed a different kind of cunning and gave the Light PBC damage property a couple of extra zeroes, blew up the gunstars in the first 10-15 seconds, which pushes the asteroids away, then just keep hitting Approach to hit successive waypoints. With no asteroids in the way, I finished with a lot of time to spare.

I'm going to try using the perpendicular LDS method again later, but user Approach to aim at the waypoints accurately, then cancel and turn LDS on.

More
19 years 4 months ago #11960 by Shane
Just set the T-fighters to defend and then autopilot to each successive point. All that's really required to complete this trial is the Approach Autopilot. (In fact, the first time I played EoC I did not know to use my T-Fighters on this challenge and simply autopiloted my way to victory.)

More
19 years 4 months ago #11961 by aargh
[:(]

I can't get past this cunning thing either. I do have the t fighters to protect the training vessel & I actually make it to the end. Done it more than once but I keep getting the message that I went thgough all of their vessels & they have to resupply so try later. Problem I didn't loose any training vessels. So I don't know what to do next & you can't make it to act 3 unless you complete this Oman trail thing. So if anybody has a similar problem I would very much appreciate info as to how to get past this.

More
19 years 4 months ago #11964 by andrewas
I'm getting the impression you installed the 14.6 patch after you began experiencing troubles, which means that the task states are already messed up and even the new version of the code wont work for you. If you have a convinient save from earlier in the act, try going back to it. Otherwise, its back to the start.

Or, there are saves available from this site somewhere, you wind up with someone elses inventory, statistics and so on but at least it should work.