Help With the Oman Tests

More
20 years 11 months ago #17775 by blackfire83
Okay, these tests are REALLY driving me crazy. I'm stuck on the Cunning and Courage tests. I know what to do, but I can't QUITE do it.

In the Courage test, I managed to pull the mines away (though my technique is still shaky) but I don't quite have enough time to complete it. Also, I was wondering if you have to STOP in the waypoint with the Pod of Gold. Because I got the pod once, but was running out of time, so I gunned it and flew right through the waypoint... and it didn't count...

In the Cunning test, I'm also getting VERY close, but I want to know how many waypoints there are. I'm thinking it's ten, but I can't quite do it yet. Any help on these two tests would be greatly appreciated.

-blackfire83

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 11 months ago #6291 by KSpecter
Replied by KSpecter on topic Help With the Oman Tests
The tests should both be called "cunning". On the first test, the easiest thing to do is to fly your tug up just short of the 5k limit and shoot all the mines before you start. :P

I think that there are 8 waypoints in the other trial - a trick that can be used on this one is LSD. The gunstars can't shoot you while your in LDS. Remember also that you are always flying forward at 1km/s when you come out of LDS - you can make a fast turn, then hit "L" twice to get moving in the right direction. It's called the Parias Bootlegger. :)

More
20 years 11 months ago #6294 by maxdrive
Replied by maxdrive on topic Help With the Oman Tests
I just about went nuts over those tests too. I finally got fed up with the test of cunning and just used F6 to go to the test area. When Waypoint 2 came up I hit F6 again and so on through all the Waypoints. I took a few Gunstar hits but no significant damage and I finished with 30 seconds to spare. I've rerun it several times since and always make it by using the autopilot (F6).

Gladly providing Trans pilots with the opportunity to die for their cargo.

Gladly providing Trans pilots with the opportunity to die for their cargo.

More
20 years 11 months ago #6295 by blackfire83
Thanks, guys. I'll go try these tips out soon.

-blackfire83