The Marauder Cache

More
20 years 11 months ago #17773 by blackbeard
Did anybody else find Mission 5 in Act I (Marauder Cache) hard to beat? The first part is okay (protect the miner against the ships), but I can't seem to kill the three Marauder ships guarding the cache.

blackbeard

Are your sensors faulty? It looks dangerous out there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 11 months ago #6266 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic The Marauder Cache
I also had a hard time with this mission. A few things I noticed: Giving Az and Lori missiles is a waste, they just shoot them down.

If you tell Az and Lori to attack, then wait until they are the targets of the Marauders, you can hit them pretty hard. Just remember that once you do, they will turn on you, so make the first pass count.

If at all possible, trade up for the gattling cannon. I think you need station components, which you can get by lying in wait at the lomax station construction plant (wait for ships to load up, then chase those).

-Gtrout

More
20 years 11 months ago #6268 by blackbeard
Replied by blackbeard on topic The Marauder Cache
Sounds like good thinking. Thanks.

More
20 years 11 months ago #6271 by blackbeard
One more question. How do you adjust the loadout on the T-Fighters? I see that if you aquire a better PBC weapon and don't use it in the tug, it's automatically added to one of the T-Fighters. But I can't see any way to take away the seeler missles (each fighter comes with 10) for use in the main ship (i.e. put into the main equipment inventory).

-BB

More
20 years 11 months ago #6281 by KSpecter
Replied by KSpecter on topic The Marauder Cache
If you click on the T-figher in the loadout screen it will give you the option to select of T-fighter or Pylon Mount (which removes the T-fighter and lets you put weapon there). If you select T-fighter again you'll see the weapon loadout for the t-fighters, you can change both the weapon and the missiles from here. Just click on where seeker is listed and select "none" from the menu that pops up.

Unfortunatly you can't remove the missile launchers from the fighter so that you can control them yourself - this is why I don't use T-fighters.

Some of the things I wrote in your other thread would be applicable here *cough* disruptors *cough*.

More
20 years 10 months ago #6313 by blackbeard
Thanks again, GT. It was the weapons. I couldn't find the Lomax Station Factory, so it took me over 10 missions to get the components to trade for a Gatling and ammo from the Stepsons. After that, I completed it on the first try -- including getting the new PBC2 drive from the freighter. And thank you KSpecter, now that I have more Gatling guns than I know what to do with (3), the game tries to give the extras to the turrets by default. No way. Those gals are trigger-happy.