kong location

More
21 years 2 weeks ago #17742 by pepperg
kong location was created by pepperg
ok, i want to go back to freetown station to see if i can enlist the kong, but i cant find the station on the starmap. also, i don't know how to interpret this excellent rescource---

i-war2.com/eoc_starmap_reference ... offers.htm

could someone please post instructions on how to make sense of the three columns?

thanks again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 2 weeks ago #5760 by EricMan64
Replied by EricMan64 on topic kong location
The Kong won't enlist, look for new factions in new systems. As for the reference chart, it's not really a column system. It's more of different objects branching off from what they orbit. After every object, the objects orbitting it are listed to the right. When that orbitting list is done, the listing shifts back to the left again and continues whichever orbit list was being done before. Hope that helps.

More
21 years 2 weeks ago #5766 by Stephen Robertson PS
Replied by Stephen Robertson PS on topic kong location
Use the location finder mod, if you can't find a particular station. It's available from this website.

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson
Particle Systems
Independence War Website

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson
I-War series co-designer.

More
21 years 2 weeks ago #5780 by pepperg
Replied by pepperg on topic kong location
ok,got the location finder mod, but it has no instructions regarding where to unzip it and how to install it into iw2 directory. what goes where?

thanks.

More
21 years 2 weeks ago #5781 by pepperg
Replied by pepperg on topic kong location
ditto for another mod, the no launch sequence. they really should come with instructions and where they need to be installed, ie, what subfolder, if any.

More
21 years 2 weeks ago #5783 by Flamineo
Replied by Flamineo on topic kong location
Mods don't generally reduplicate installation instructions because they all work in the same way since the F14.6 patch; do check the mod's html and/or readme for dependencies on other mods being active, though.

You don't unzip single-player game mods; you install them, still zipped, to the 'mods' directory created in your game installation by the F14.6 patch, then turn them on or off in-game from the Extras menu. This is explained in the patch readme, and on SoupDragon's downloads page on this very site.