CHEATS DON'T WORK

More
21 years 1 week ago #5786 by Flamineo
Replied by Flamineo on topic CHEATS DON'T WORK

originally posted by toastrack
I guess you cant just chop and change mod ships and stuff in the middle of a campaign

You can, but you have to do it carefully. If your saved game is referencing a ship that no longer exists because you've turned off the mod that provides it, the game chokes. The key is to switch to a ship (tug, for instance, if you're using one of the usual comsec replacers) and save before turning off the mod.

how DO you use T-fighters etc for the Courage and cunning missions

I didn't use T-fighters here, but I assume you can just undock them and let them deal with the mines for you once they turn hostile. You can also 'exploit' by installing the self-defence module on your normal ship's CPU, and leaving it within range of the mines when you REM to the manky tug.

thrust over-ride slalom

That works, though LDS is easier, I think.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 1 week ago #5790 by EricMan64
Replied by EricMan64 on topic CHEATS DON'T WORK

how DO you use T-fighters etc for the Courage and cunning missions?....

Simply leave your ship right next to where the mines/gunstars will appear, and leave the tfighters on 'fire at will.' Then they'll fire at will when the stuff appears.

Please excuse any typo's in here. My eyes are dilated, and I can just barely read this eventhough I have my browser's text size set to largest.

More
21 years 6 days ago #5825 by unoman
Replied by unoman on topic CHEATS DON'T WORK
hell cheat codes or not I still enjoy the game as much as the next guy.The sheer hugeness and beauty of the game,I just get lost in the whole thing it rules!

More
21 years 2 days ago #5875 by Ace
Replied by Ace on topic CHEATS DON'T WORK

Originally posted by Shane

Ok. We got one rare person. Any others? :D

No confusion; just wrong or right ... Only Solutions

Hehe, I just killed all the mines before I flew to the starting waypoint, simple. :D

More
20 years 11 months ago #5915 by toastrack
Replied by toastrack on topic CHEATS DON'T WORK
I had to do all three again when I visited the Oman the second time to recruit pilots....that was a little dull. Still....I aquired the "auto defence" program, auto.docking turret and another couple of bits in between visits....so was quite surprised when I nearly flew the rem ship into the hail of fire from my own own ship! That just gets in the way! I've disabled that function and all these fancy point defence and docking turret things which often open up on incomming marauder vessels while I'm docked to a station having a game critical chat....and accidentally shoot the station or nearby friendly ships which get in the way. Counter productive.

...that's torn it.

More
20 years 10 months ago #6360 by blackbeard
Replied by blackbeard on topic CHEATS DON'T WORK
Wow! You guys sure are hard on yourselves. You should keep in mind that it's the developers who determine what is or is not "kosher" during a mission. If they didn't want you to use T-Fighters or certain other weapons/tactics, they would work something into the mission script that would keep you from using them. The way I see it, if something can be used to accomplish an objective, it's okay. Real "cheating" involves those codes you can find for many games which put you in a "God" mode where your ship is completely indestructible, or you get unlimited ammo for your Gatling cannon or missle paks, etc., etc. In short, they're something way outside of the developer's intentions during normal gameplay. If you've ever played Mechwarrior 3 and used these codes, the mission comes up as "incomplete" because you did it "dishonorably." I think that is a great way of putting it.

Are your sensors faulty? It looks dangerous out there.