Just Bought Game

More
21 years 5 months ago #17603 by zcubed
Just Bought Game was created by zcubed
I just bought the game, and so far I am having difficulty because I don't know how to get my mouse working, and I WANT some freakign in game Control Changes!! How do I do these things.

Thanks

<n00b

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 years 5 months ago #3548 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic Just Bought Game
I don't know about the mouse, so I'll let someone else answer that one.

I WANT some freakign in game Control Changes!!

I take it you want to change some of the control configurations? Here's how:

If you look under the main Edge of Chaos directory, you'll find a folder called 'configs'. Inside that folder are two files; one is default (joystick controlled game) and the other keyboard_only (keyboard and mouse control). Since you use a mouse, you would be concerned with the keyboard_only file.

First, make a copy of that file and put it somewhere safe. Then, open the file and you'll see lines like this:

[icPlayerPilot.CurrentWeaponFire]
Keyboard, Space

So, if you wanted to fire weapons using the 'B' key, you'd change the lines above to:

[icPlayerPilot.CurrentWeaponFire]
Keyboard, B

Then, when the B key is pressed, the weapons will fire. Every command in the game is in this file, and follows the same style.

No confusion; just wrong or right ... Only Solutions

More
21 years 5 months ago #3577 by Stephen Robertson PS
Mouse flight control isn't officially supported by the game. There is a mouse control config on the Independence War website, but mouse control isn't optimised, so it doesn't work that well. You can download it here: www.independencewar.com/download ... /mouse.ini

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson
Particle Systems
Independence War Website

-- Steve
Stephen Robertson
I-War series co-designer.

More
21 years 5 months ago #3587 by zcubed
Replied by zcubed on topic Just Bought Game
Thanks alot, I have massive amount of trouble trying to play without mouse. My whole gaming life has been key + mouse, all space sims I have played so I might adapt or try this patch. Thanks alot!

More
21 years 5 months ago #3630 by Hot4Darmat
Replied by Hot4Darmat on topic Just Bought Game
I realize it might be a difficult transition, but if ever there were a game MADE for a good joystick, this one's it! I would strongly encourage you to splurge on a nice joystick throttle setup, and configure it to your liking. It might take some time to get set up, and get used to it, but the rewards in terms of gameplay would be enormous. This game offers SO much in terms of atmosphere and immersion, the last thing you want to be struggling with is your control interface.

Best of luck

--
Hot4Darmat