Useless Weapons

More
22 years 1 week ago #17348 by SlipStream
Useless Weapons was created by SlipStream
Ya really. Though it does give you an advantage the point defence turret really doesnt do that much. I hardly even see it fire not to mention do its supposed "shoot at missles" job.

The Docking auto turret also lacks in firepower for giving up a whole docking port :pinch: (unless you use one of those beam mods ).

Most unguided missles also bite the big one since the only thing that stays still enough for them to hit is a station or a disabled cruiser.

We really need to fix all this....If the point defence turret has such a limited arc then we should give it extream rapid fire for when it does accually shoot. The Docked on auto turret should fire two bolts at once and have a slightly higher fire rate. Dumbmissles should be replaced with something cooler. Ok thats all...

{SIG}
CHECK THIS GAME OUT!!!
www.starshatter.com/
LOOKS REALLY COOL

Its been sucha long time and IW2 still rocks my sox just as much...who woulda figured eh?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 years 1 week ago #1409 by Guerrilla Warfare
Replied by Guerrilla Warfare on topic Useless Weapons
Well, it's really easy to edit the .ini files and make all these weapons more useful. The elite mod addresses some of these problems, the auto docking turret has a much higher fire rate, and higher projectile velocity but I still find it useless. Ships like the patcom and even the corvette that maneuver a lot don't need a turret since it hardly hits anything. Turrets are only good on destroyers or bigger ships in my opinion. Dogfighting missiles in the elite have been upgraded too, so you can destroy a corporate interceptor with a single seeker missile. I don't know what you could do to an unguided missile to make it cooler... give it more firepower?... kinda pointless. I never use them anyway.

--
Viva la revolucion!

More
22 years 1 week ago #1420 by SlipStream
Replied by SlipStream on topic Useless Weapons
Well like i suggested in the Fusion Missle post...we could soup up a dumbfire rocket (Increaced speed by 10000%, same acceleration, and give it an extreme warhead) and bam...instant planet killer....er...as long as planets can be destroyed.

{SIG}
CHECK THIS GAME OUT!!!
www.starshatter.com/
LOOKS REALLY COOL

Its been sucha long time and IW2 still rocks my sox just as much...who woulda figured eh?