beginner

More
22 years 2 weeks ago #17332 by blueskin
beginner was created by blueskin
I recently got this game and it looks like a great game to me. But i cant seem to get in it...where do i start? i get shot all the time! even by 2 tugs! Im losing my patience but I bougth a Wingman Strike Force escpecially for this game! Please help me get the basics! Greets and thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 years 2 weeks ago #1310 by SoupDragon
Replied by SoupDragon on topic beginner
Hi blueskin. I assume you've done your training and your into the first mission. There is on this site a walkthrough under www.i-war2.com/acts.htm .

It looks like you're in the Mission Grand Tour. In this mission you will be attacked by two tugs. You need to destroy these and then be prepared for further attacks as the tugs will have called for backup.

You need to destroy these also. Once you've done that you're on the road to making friends and starting the great adventure.

As to how you detroy the ships involved depends entirely on your skills. Clay will try to advise you on tactics. The main thing is to watch your contacts list at the bottom right as soon as you see red contacts hit "R". This targets the nearest enemy, the rest is down to you. Pressing "E" will cycle to the next enemy contact.

If you're still getting outsmarted I suggest you spend some time in the instant action, so you can get used to your ship and the controls.

Welcome to the board! And good luck.

More
22 years 2 weeks ago #1316 by blueskin
Replied by blueskin on topic beginner
POSSIBLE SPOILER! (prolly not)

Hi blueskin. I assume you've done your training and your into the

Welcome to the board! And good luck.

Hey tnx for replying so fast. I did the 1st mission (distress call) and i need to do some free pirating now. The point is i dont know where to go, The Stepsons are giving me hints but when i try to pirate i get shot to death in 30 secs... Is it my fighting skill or do i need to go somewhere else? I went to Blackeye Lpoint (no station there) but still....

More
22 years 2 weeks ago #1318 by SoupDragon
Replied by SoupDragon on topic beginner
Blueskin. It sounds like you need a complete tutorial overhaul :)

Sometimes even the best get caught out, and sometimes the game throws a bender and you can't react quick enough before you see yourself on cinema for all the wrong reasons. Though on the whole; if you're loosing the fights regularly, then you definitely need some practise.

By practise, I don't mean keep targeting and firing or jousting with your target. Remember you're allowed to die in instant action. Try and figure out new ways of outmanouevering your enemy. Size up situations, whose the nearest, learn to check their condition in the top left of your screen.

Try and see how long you can survive without firing a shot by paractising using the thrust overide keys W,A and D. Have a go with flight assist off using the N key.

As a guide, try here for some ideas and a tutorial on combat www.i-war2.com/tactics.htm . Further options on this page can be found at the extreme right, under Sub Menus.

As for finding your way around, some stations are right next to L-Points others require moving deeper into the system territory. Wherever the Stepsons want you to meet, you'll find it on the navigation map.

More
22 years 2 weeks ago #1325 by EricMan64
Replied by EricMan64 on topic beginner
I'd suggest hitting stations around that one planet close to your base. You know, the one just accross the sun. Starts with a 'g'. Especially the transfer stations. Those are close to your base, and pretty easy to hit. That was where I did all my pirating back at that part of the game.

More
22 years 2 weeks ago #1328 by SlipStream
Replied by SlipStream on topic beginner
And remember also if you are not in a LDS-inhibit field that you can make a quick 180 (or whatever) with two simple taps on your manual LDS key ...very nice for getting out of those tight spots.

{SIG}
CHECK THIS GAME OUT!!!
www.starshatter.com/
LOOKS REALLY COOL

Its been sucha long time and IW2 still rocks my sox just as much...who woulda figured eh?