Cutting Beam / mining laser

More
17 years 11 months ago #18791 by looney
Hello all, I quit playing this game for bout 5 months or so. Due to being real busy RL and my wingman broke, so I 1st needed to make time to buy a new one :)

I now started playing again. Still great fun. Except I read all bout the magic cutting beam and mining laser. I'm in my Patcom with 4 gatlings and 2 quads. plus some 1 quad launcher and 1 try launcher. Plus both auto turrets.

I use the 2 quads for simple independant piracy (close up on a freaighter with up to 4 ships (tug/interceptor) protection, blast 2 of the pretection being realclose. blast the other 2 right after next is freighter 1 or 2.

My question is: should I get a CB instead of gats?? plus what tactics should I use with those??

P.s. what are firecon sensors good for I can't seem to find a use for them

Sometimes I think...usually I don't

Sometimes I think...usually I don't

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 9 months ago #15334 by Infernus
Hmm.. This forum doesnt look very active..
I can't help with this question, but hope someone else will..

- Infernus

- Infernus

More
17 years 9 months ago #15338 by JT
Replied by JT on topic Cutting Beam / mining laser
The forum's mostly in a slumber because Torn Stars is on temporary hiatus. Or so I figure anyway. =)

"The art of flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss." --Douglas Adams

Surgeon-General's Warning: Early test cases of Torn Stars have resulted in fatalities. The errors in the software should be gone by now. Hopefully.

More
17 years 9 months ago #15339 by Canute
Replied by Canute on topic Cutting Beam / mining laser
Beams are not very well at normal dogfight. They are too slow.

You can use them against cruisers, when you strafe around them. But best beams are against stationary target in some Missions like the capture the cluster gate.

More
17 years 9 months ago #15340 by Vali
Replied by Vali on topic Cutting Beam / mining laser
Gats or any other rapid fire weapon(RF PBC, Heavy PBC, Assault Guns, etc Not quad light PBC) are useful against fast ships.

Tactics for these weapons.
Wait for the target to be stationary then shoot!
Against corvettes or patcoms it is a good idea for you to get close (5-4 Km).

The ammo basset G guns are very useful if you ship hasn’t enough energy or cooling systems to support Rapid Fire PBCs.

When a boss says “Go!� the leader says “Let’s move out!�

When a boss says “Go!” the leader says “Let’s move out!”