REM Fighter

More
19 years 1 month ago #18393 by theweasl
REM Fighter was created by theweasl
Can you help me?
I completed the mission where I protected the convoy and destroyed the akela. I went back to base an found no new messages and no rem fighters. I aquired enough station components to trade for a rem fighter, but it does not work. I'd like to get a rem fighter online before the final battle where i fight the marauders and the maas.
When I release my rem fighter it just floats in space. I will not listen to any commands, or do anything.
Can you help me?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 1 month ago #12561 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic REM Fighter
The REM in REM fighter stands for remote. You have to remote pilot the fighter the same way you would a REM missile.

More
19 years 1 month ago #12564 by Tarcoon
Replied by Tarcoon on topic REM Fighter
:D

I should read the forum from top to bottom - not vice versa.

There is no safe distance

More
19 years 1 month ago #12565 by theweasl
Replied by theweasl on topic REM Fighter
So the day that the rem fighters were my wingmen when i destroyed the akeal are GONE? Thanks for your reply. I was wondering if that is how it worked. Kind of useless isn't it?

More
19 years 1 month ago #12578 by Tarcoon
Replied by Tarcoon on topic REM Fighter
???

Do we mix something up?

In one of the early missions you steal some secret turret fighters piloted by Az and Lori - your wingm<font color="red">e</font id="red">n if you choose them as loadout.
The turretfighters are docked on the weaponpylons at your wingtips.
If you want them to act as wingmen undock and redock them with "0" key.
If they get lost, the gunbabes survive, but the fighters are gone. You'll have to recycle the fighters in the base for further use.

A REM fighter is available later in the game, where you are supposed to pilot one by yourself via remote control. Those are tradeable as far as I remember but not recyclable.

In some missions you lead a wing of Stepson or League ships. They don't stay your wingmen in the next mission. They are gone, weather they survive or not.

Did this help?

More
19 years 1 month ago #12591 by theweasl
Replied by theweasl on topic REM Fighter
I have had my turret fighters for a few weeks. Some how I got it in my head that I could have more than my turret fighters as wingmen.
Yes you did help me out a lot. Thank you