I-War Paper Model Site Online

More
19 years 6 months ago #11837 by Second Chance
I want the Terrapin as a paper model! What an awsome ship. Not original, I know. But it fits right in. :)

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 6 months ago #11840 by Hot4Darmat
The Terrapin is on the list. In fact, it is quite original. It was designed entirely by Shane. It was meant to fit some very specific requirements and intended for use in the Middle States cluster (see the info blurb on it). If it looks a little like a Puffin, its because it was meant to be a fighting vessel built on essentially the same space frame as that tug.

I also really like it, and will be making a paper model of it sometime this winter.

--
Hot4Darmat

More
19 years 6 months ago #11843 by Second Chance
LoL, I meant an original I-War ship. I know Shane did an awsome job of designing her from scratch. It took me a long time to finally load it into the game to play with, but now she's my new favorite ship. And watching an AI Terrapin unleash all that firepower at once is a sight to behold. Not much survives a full barrage from an AI Terrapin. But anyway, back to the paper models. They're very cool, btw. I'd love to see a movie made using paper models instead of regular ones. That would be great! :p

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 5 months ago #11905 by Hot4Darmat
The test build of the Saltlake Naval Base model is complete. Pictures will appear in the next few days.

This model is a whopping 50 inches, or 127 Cm long. That's just plain stupid big. I mean, who makes a paper model that's over 4 feet long? I do, that's who!

It pretty much requires a metre-long piece of wooden dowel inside to support it, and to ensure that the rotating crew section rotates. It also is the kind of model that can't really 'sit' anywhere once built what with all the sticky-outy spindly docking arms. I'm considering making up a display stand for it to include in the downloadable model release (as well as a couple of in-scale dockable surprises). But it's an impressive-looking model, and it looks great suspended from the ceiling on threads. It's a relatively simple construction, with only a couple of challenging pieces. My only regret is that the 3D mesh used to create this model(the same as the ingame model from I-War) was so low res compared with the cool rendered images of the base you see in the I-War art and wallpapers.

Oh well. Someone with superior skills can redo the mesh and make a much better model someday in the future. In the meantime, this version of the ~1/2200 scale model should be available for download sometime next week. I'll post a heads up here when its all ready for download at the site.

--
Hot4Darmat

More
19 years 5 months ago #11909 by Hot4Darmat
Photos of the test build of the Saltlake Base paper model are available here www.ravenger.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/iwarpapermodels/html/news.htm

Hopefully the completed model will be ready for download soon.

--
Hot4Darmat

More
19 years 5 months ago #11923 by GrandpaTrout
WOW! That thing is amazing! I bet it looks great with a freighter parked next to it.

-Gtrout