Sensor mystery

More
19 years 10 months ago #10606 by Keyboard Jockey
Replied by Keyboard Jockey on topic Sensor mystery

Originally posted by Jwk the Hemp Monkey

Well, first you have to have a capsule drive, secondly you have to have go to the Map, select an L point, and it will give you the list of known exits. One then flys at the jump gate.

Thanks for the help but I've tried this if I'm getting what you're saying correctly. I have a capsule drive and a destination selected (Toad Skin from St. George for example) but nada when I fly at the green ring.... Is the problem maybe selecting a destination using the Location Finder mod? I'm pretty sure I've tried both ways of specifying a jump destination.

I'm in the free-form part of the game now and there's so much cargo, so little time. :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 10 months ago #10672 by UglyAngel
Replied by UglyAngel on topic Sensor mystery
Location finder won't set the L-point to jump when you fly through it manually.

You have to call up the map, and if you're close to the L-point the map will default to it as its focus. If you're closer to some other object you'll have to find the L-point on the map and zoom in on it.

Use the arrow keys to select a specific destination. The L-point is now "set". If you fly through it manually, it will take you where you told it to. (Note that if you autopilot through it, the a/p will set the jump destination itself, ignoring your setting from the map.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.