I-War3???

More
20 years 2 months ago #17926 by They_HunGer
I-War3??? was created by They_HunGer
Isnt particle systems gonna make I-War3??
or they just wont continue with the I-war franchise?[V]

There's only One oF us GetTing out HeRe aNd it w0nt be mE

~C.C. Rocks~

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 2 months ago #8602 by Hot4Darmat
Replied by Hot4Darmat on topic I-War3???
No Particle Systems isn't going to make I-War3. Particle Systems doesn't exist anymore. They were bought by Argonaut, which is a subsidiary of Atari (which used to go by the name Infogrames, but decided to use the Atari name they owned for better market exposure). The gang that used to be PS is, to some extent, still working together in the same shop in Sheffield, UK, but on very non-space sim type projects. Space sims, though very popular with a small group of adamant fans, are the financial kiss of death for entertainment software development and publishing companies interested in, you guessed it: making money. These games just don't sell enough copies to justify the development, etc. costs. With everything going the way of the console these days, it looks like PC games and space sims are a niche market at best. Sad, really, 'cause I love the I-War games, too. There just aren't enough people out there like us.

Who knows how the pendulum will swing in a few years, but for now the I-War franchise is, from a commercial point of view: dead. We fans keep it going by playing the games, talking about them with each other, making mods, writing stories set in the I-War universe, and generally sharing the affection we have for this game series that is a finely crafted work of art. But no matter how much we scream, rant or plead, there won't be another. Not in the forseeable future, and not by the development house that made the originals. I would LOVE to have this post come back and bite me in the arse some day, and prove me wrong. Ain't gonna happen, though.

--
Hot4Darmat

More
20 years 2 months ago #8603 by They_HunGer
Replied by They_HunGer on topic I-War3???
Youre maybee right... but i would love to play another i-war game, and ur probably right bout us fans playing them and relive the experience

There's only One oF us GetTing out HeRe aNd it w0nt be mE

~C.C. Rocks~

More
20 years 2 months ago #8824 by WEKS
Replied by WEKS on topic I-War3???
It's like Freespace 2 or Wingcommander [:(]

SORRY FOR MY BAAD ENGLISH! "War is much too serious matter to be entrusted to the military" - Georges Clemenceau

SORRY FOR MY BAAD ENGLISH! "War is much too serious matter to be entrusted to the military" - Georges Clemenceau

More
20 years 1 month ago #9199 by n/a (2)
Replied by n/a (2) on topic I-War3???
boooohhhoooohoooo! I literally love I War and EOC, as close to perfect as any game ever gets. I would love to be able to get out and wander round space stations when docked though. Asking the near impossible I know. I reckon eventually in the name of interactivity and to better immerse the player they will. In like 10 years time or something. It would be cool to see I War resurrected, but the commitment of the fanbase has ment so great mods are out there.

More
20 years 1 month ago #9204 by toastrack
Replied by toastrack on topic I-War3???
Yeah dude.
I have so wanted to go beyond the spaceship for EVER!! It would be cool to have a free ranging game that combined elements of space flight sim (in the mould of Elite, I-War and EoC) with elements of something like GTA3...you get out of the ship and you have a 1st person perspective to wander round and do stuff.
Combine this with a limitless online universe a la "The Sims" and that must be the ultimate space sim gaming adventure, i would never leave this chair again....probably.

...that's torn it.

...that's torn it.