I-War3???

More
19 years 2 months ago #12397 by Xaffax
Replied by Xaffax on topic I-War3???
I-warII is verry verry good indeed.
The things I'd like to see added or changed:
1:Free trading, Like X2 and elite have.
2:The praticles that give the sense of speed flowing outside the cockpit (and they could be done nicer)
3:The plotline just being a nice adventure you can choose to have. Instead of you having to rely on it for progress. Like Hardwar,X2(lousy plot I know) and morrowind.
4:Not having to be Call Johnston. (actualy generating your own character would be nice).
5:Faction politics, death warrants,bounties and Police bribes like Hardwar has would be nice.
6:Illegal goods and smugling.
7:Ship capturing
8:renta pilots the better they are the more costly.
9:more short random errand missions.
10:buy a HQ and pick its location
I don't like Tycoon stuf so leave the manufacturing and mining out.
Those changes would make I-war the best space game by far. As for combat, navigation and flight models it's already the best out there by far.

Xaffax out!

Xaffax out!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 2 months ago #12398 by Hendar23
Replied by Hendar23 on topic I-War3???
Pretty much all of that is covered by ELite mod I believe. If it ever reaches a playable state.

Check out:
www.binstar.com/?page=entropy&PH ... 8a06b3d4ed

It didn't impress me much at first, but check out some of the gameplay diaries on the forum. This game has moocho detail. Out this year apparantly.

There is no enemy. Anywhere.

There is no enemy. Anywhere.

More
19 years 5 days ago #12743 by czar1111
Replied by czar1111 on topic I-War3???
Hi All,

It's been a loooooong time since I posted on this forum but last time I was here I had an interesting conversation with Stephen Robertson about the plot of I-War 3 and the status of it.:)
Rights issues etc.

Stephen Robertson revealed nothing because he said 'You never know...'

Since then Argonaut has gone[V].

I hope the good people who worked on I-War have got gainful employ somewhere by now?

Now, based on a discussion in another forum today (about the crap stateof the PC games industry)
Many gamers are getting bored with the standard FPS and RTS garbage which we are constantly being fed.
I haven't brought a game in months. Nothing worth buying.

I got to thinking about space sims... and that of course means I-War (or Elite;)).

Stephen Robertson are you out there? How about the rest of the team?
Have you considered buying the rights back?

It's time for something innovative.
We have computers and OS which will handle multiple screens...
Voice recognition is possible and is now in a couple of games...

Sounds like a space sim to me[8D]

There is no-one I would trust to do this right - except maybe the Particle Systems Team

Is it time yet?[?]

More
19 years 5 days ago #12744 by EricMan64
Replied by EricMan64 on topic I-War3???
I believe it has been mentioned that when Argonaut was shut down, some of the former Particle Systems guys inquired about purchasing the IWar rights. It was discovered that Argonaut had nothing at that point, and it was all owned by Atari. While, of course, possible, the chances of PS getting back together and buying the IWar rights are very, very slim.

Still I agree with you that a reemergence of the space sim may just be a future gaming revolution.

More
19 years 5 days ago #12747 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic I-War3???

Originally posted by toastrack

Yeah dude.
I have so wanted to go beyond the spaceship for EVER!! It would be cool to have a free ranging game that combined elements of space flight sim (in the mould of Elite, I-War and EoC) with elements of something like GTA3...you get out of the ship and you have a 1st person perspective to wander round and do stuff.
Combine this with a limitless online universe a la "The Sims" and that must be the ultimate space sim gaming adventure, i would never leave this chair again....probably.

...that's torn it.

This game is already out. It's called Universal Combat.
www.battlecruisergenerations.com/

I think it was originally supposed to be online-only, but it looks like that's changed.

It includes:
Capital Ships
Space Stations
Fighters
Spacesuit flight
Planets you can land on
Cities
Aircraft
Ground Vehicles
Moving on foot
Ocean-based craft
Dynamic Universe
250 Planets
12 Player Races
500 Combat Units
Mission, Instant Action and Free-Roam Play
Multiplayer
DirectX 9
Terrain Engine with vegetation and sea/wild-life
Blah, blah, blah. . .

And yes, it's descended from the Battlecruiser3000 game series. Which probably means many people will hate it without even bothering to try it, so go ahead and get the insults out of your systems now.

There's a downloadable demo, a screenshots gallery and several gameplay movies available. So go check it out and report back. At least it's a space-sim and it's available.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 5 days ago #12750 by czar1111
Replied by czar1111 on topic I-War3???

Originally posted by EricMan64

... when Argonaut was shut down, some of the former Particle Systems guys inquired about purchasing the IWar rights. It was discovered that Argonaut had nothing at that point, and it was all owned by Atari. ...

Well actually, Stephen Robertson told us this late 2003/ early 2004.
And despite this he still seemed keen to keep the plot of the series (and the 4th act for I-War 2) secret.
Maybe this was because of the rights issues?

But anyway - ATARI are a big corporation who regard rights like all other commodities = FOR SALE. Particularly the 'new' Atari. They don't really seem to care about games or gamers:(!

It would be worth finding out what the rights are worth I think. They might say "I-WHAT? Yeah, make us an offer..."
(Particularly good time to ask when 'the market' is down and space sims are considered 'dead'.)

As for the PS team... well if the rights are not for sale then it really doen't matter does it?