What can you really experience with IW2EoC?

More
20 years 5 months ago #17851 by sweetbutt
yep...that's my question

I've been playing the first two missions...but they were basically the same with same location (only different name)

Can you tell (you experinced players of EoC) what I'll be goin' thru' with the storyboard of Iwar2?
homebase->fight->homebase and some trading?

or something more profound and intriguing?

it's been two months now I'm looking for a damn good story (as Half Life was.....as Deus Ex was...as Rainbow Six saga was...ecc.)

it is worth keep playing IWAR2?

plz..enlight me a bit...tell me what i'll be doin in the storyboard...

deep regards

sweetbutt ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 5 months ago #7746 by andrewas
The story is OK right up until you find out about what Maas corp and its allies are really up to. After that it kind of goes down hill. The final plot twist is a cop-out ending and the final missions are far far too easy.

But the missions are for the most part quite imaginative. You are always just flying around in your ship collecting cargo, blowing up ships and suchlike, but the implementation is varied enough to be interesting, many of the missions have some quite clever scripting and for a 4-year old game the Flux engine is capable of making some very pretty explosions.

If youve just done the first two missions, keep at it, all the good stuff is yet to come. The act 0 missions are basicaly training missions, and those are always dull.

More
20 years 5 months ago #7747 by Hot4Darmat
Everyone has different taste, so what you might think is a cool storyline someone else might think is lame, and vice versa. However, I can say with confidence that I-war2: EoC is a great storyline. You won't be disappointed if you play it all the way through.

Act 0 and act 1 seem a little slow moving as things get started, but before long Cal gets embroiled in some very large-scaled events...all while pirating and looting, trading and upgrading, rescuing and fighting to the players heart's desire. It isn't as conspiracy-heavy as Deus Ex, but it is definitely worth staying with. There's a walk through mod available from the downloads page, if you really want to spoil the storyline for yourself. But I'd recommend just playing it to the best of your ability.

--
Hot4Darmat

More
20 years 5 months ago #7749 by sweetbutt
thanx for yer feedback...il'll keep it up...

after all you'll never know ;)

More
20 years 5 months ago #7750 by Hot4Darmat
andrewas and I replied at the same moment, but I have to agree with him about the very ending. It's a bit of a let down, but the story almost right up to that point is worth the effort.

Now, if you want a REALLY good storyline, play through the original Independence War and Defiance campaigns.

--
Hot4Darmat

More
18 years 5 days ago #15165 by rickhavoc
I like the story line a lot, but what keeps me playing the game over and over is the fact that it is the ONLY spacefighter sim I know of where your ship FLIES like it would in space, and NOT like an airplane flies in an atmosphere.