About getting new team members

More
19 years 9 months ago #18174 by Second Chance
At MajorTom's request I'm going to start looking for a few more people to join the team. I'm planning on posting a thread at each I-War forum consisting of this:

Title: Join the Star Wars mod team!

Body: The Star Wars mod team is opening up several new positions for creative talent. We are currently looking for applicants with experience in; music and voice talent, creative writing, mission design, 3d game modeling, space mapping and website creation/maintenance. If you think you've got what it takes to bring the Star Wars universe to I-War2, and can work well with a team, then we want to hear from you! Send an email with your skills and experience to mailto:iwar2_starwars@cox.net]iwar2_starwars@cox.net and prepare to make history!

But I wanted to make sure everyone was ok with the post before I did. If you have any thoughts on changes, let me know quickly.

Roi, is it ok if I post this at the Buda5 forum?

I've added a new mailbox for the mod to my account, and will automatically have all mail received there forwarded to each of you (unless you don't want it), so that everyone will be up on what's happening. Having a centralized mail address associated with the mod sounds a little more serious and professional. I can easily change the mailbox name before I post this if you guys think we should wait until we've decided on a title for the mod to use in the address.

I'd like to post this within the next few days, so everyone on the team please check in and voice your opinion.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 9 months ago #10941 by Roi Danton

Originally posted by Second Chance

Roi, is it ok if I post this at the Buda5 forum?

For sure, it is.
Also it could be useful to add in the Buda5 Forum a hint that the Buda5 MP Mod depends on this SW Mod (the SW Mod is the basic for the Buda5 MP Mod). .... well, english isn't my native language so I'm sure you have a better explanation for that. :)

~Buda5 Designer & Scripter
buda5.firstones.com

~Buda5 Designer & Scripter
buda5.firstones.com

More
19 years 9 months ago #10943 by Second Chance
Good point. It'll make it mean more to them.

The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)

More
19 years 9 months ago #10949 by MajorTom

Title: Join the Star Wars mod team!

Body: The Star Wars mod team is opening up several new positions for creative talent. We are currently looking for applicants with experience in; music and voice talent, creative writing, mission design, 3d game modeling, space mapping and website creation/maintenance. If you think you've got what it takes to bring the Star Wars universe to I-War2, and can work well with a team, then we want to hear from you! Send an email with your skills and experience to mailto:iwar2_starwars@cox.net]iwar2_starwars@cox.net and prepare to make history!

Sounds a little too professional to me. We can't pay them, you know ;)

How about a bit of a change like this:

The Star Wars mod team has some interesting work for creative talent.
Besides creating new models, weapons and effects we are doing cool things like custom cockpits for each model, creating coop missions with new maps to play on, adding voice and music to the games and getting ready to set up a new web site.
Therefore we are looking for people with experience in; music and voice talent, creative writing, mission design, 3d game modeling, gameworld mapping and website creation/maintenance.
It's fun to work in our team; you'll profit from our knowledge and experience and probably learn some cool stuff too.
If you would like to help us bring the ultimate Star Wars experience to I-War2 sooner, and can work well with a team, then we want to hear from you! Send an email with your skills, experience and field of interest to....

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 9 months ago #10955 by Second Chance
Too professional?! You mean we should dumb it down so people don't expect money? Being a mod, that should be self-evident. I wanted to attract people with a professional atitude.

Everything I'm doing is just to try and get this mod taken seriously. By more than just the local I-War fans. I've put a lot of effort into working on this mod and I'd like it to get plenty of positive attention, including magazine and internet coverage. And maybe other, bigger, mod teams might like my work enough to ask me to join them. And eventually I might be able to get some freelance work doing pro games.

If we're not going to go 100% full-on to make this mod the absolute best it can be, then that's fine, I'll stop putting so much effort into it.

This is one of the reasons I wanted to get the intentions for this mod hammered out in a design doc in the first place. It would let me know how serious everyone was. I get the feeling that no one is really all that serious about it.

I guess I assumed too much. I'll use the new changed version to attract the kind of people you want.

More
19 years 9 months ago #10966 by MajorTom

I get the feeling that no one is really all that serious about it.

A famous football trainer said "you gain 10 yards one inch at a time". (or something like that)

I'm very serious about the mod being the best mod possible and I'm putting more than 100 % effort into it.

I am not concerned with becoming famous by doing so. It might be possible, but I'm doing the mod first and worrying about the next inch later.

You are no doubt very talented as a moddler and your ambitions are perfectly reasonable. If you think it's necessary to write a more professional "Help Wanted" ad like your original version in order to be taken seriously, go ahead. I think it sounds overbearing for a mod team, but I have no objections if you want to word it like that.

The worst case, either way, is: no one will join us.
That doesn't really matter, as we'll become even more famous because we did all the work alone! ;)

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site