Beta Release: To do list

More
19 years 8 months ago #18166 by MajorTom
What do we need for a beta release?

1) a Tie Bomber

2) a CUV ship
(Can we use the same design and texture for both teams? Or, do we want different paint jobs/ ship types?)

3) the above ships and the B-Wing need to be textured.

Question:
Do we want to use the SD mock up and wait for a Mon Calamari mock up before releasing the beta? Or, Should we use place holders in the form of stations [?].

Edit: the botmatch game needs to be updated for full functionality.

Just so we don't forget: before we do a release we need to re-work the credits too.
/Edit

Any other open issues?

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 8 months ago #10843 by Second Chance
I think stations as placeholders would probably look better.

For the CUV I like MajorTom's idea to use one of the original EoC models. But I definitely like the idea of team based paint jobs.

I still want to do a Y-Wing, and I know everybody wants it, so; this may sound funny, but what about the idea of an expansion pack after the mod is released. While everybody is having an awsome time playing our finished mod, we could perhaps refine some of the features and add some new ships and stuff. This way nothing gets held up, but we can still add a few old favorites. Which makes me think; MajorTom, does the mod have the ability to add ships to its roster? Meaning, can a player just add a new ship into the mod directory and have it show up as selectable on the selection screen. If not, this would be a great feature to add. Maybe even as a compliment to some new ships in the potential expansion. What do you think?

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 8 months ago #10844 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Beta Release: To do list
Adding an expansion at a later date would be fairly easy. Adding a ship itself is no problem as well as changing text files (the ship hud types, weapon names ect.) and other stuff that would have to be updated along with the new ship.

I'll go through the scripts again to be sure there won't be any complications.

Do you have a rough idea about a time line when you can get the other ships up above done?

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 8 months ago #10845 by Second Chance
I'm going to work hard on them this week. With any luck, I should have the Star Destroyer and Tie Bomber finished and ready for use by the end of the week.

The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)

More
19 years 8 months ago #10851 by Roi Danton
Replied by Roi Danton on topic Beta Release: To do list

Originally posted by MajorTom

Do we want to use the SD mock up and wait for a Mon Calamari mock up before releasing the beta? Or, Should we use place holders in the form of stations [?].

I would prefer to have the Mon Calamari in the Beta though if this will delay the Beta release.
Reason: Such a placeholder station as homebase destroys the StarWars feeling a little bit.
Other ships could be added in "AddOns".

GUI open issues:

G1) Scrollbar in Credits screen
(I don't like the scrollbar that includes the whole splitters, but thats the only way I see 'cause we need the scrollbar when many players are on the server - two other workarounds weren't succesful)

G2) Trade End Screen?

~Buda5 Designer & Scripter
buda5.firstones.com

~Buda5 Designer & Scripter
buda5.firstones.com

More
19 years 8 months ago #10857 by Second Chance
I agree about the loss of the SW feeling, but we really need to test the gameplay modes fully. And really, really need to get the flight model worked out. It's really more accurate to call it an alpha release without all the content in place. So, we'll hold a round of alpha testing, with stations as placeholders.