file Flight Performance

More
19 years 8 months ago #10751 by Roi Danton
Replied by Roi Danton on topic Flight Performance
Yes, I support MajTom in his opinion regarding the HUD Lines. I think SC, the lack of the lines is just a matter of usage.

Regarding the inertia I'm still on the point that it had to be noticeable ... thats one of the differences of I-War to other SpaceSims.

The current test settings regarding the speeds/acceleration (in x,y,z direction) of the TF are fine and the maximum speed will be acceptable when the maps are smaller.
After our testing with the speeds and ship size I have resigned to the fact (the second time after the tests with the Buda5 team) that you don't see the fighters in combat themselves. That is the disadvantage of the I-War 2 engine but to leave the mod playable we have to live with it (or make an own stand alone game :D).

~Buda5 Designer & Scripter
buda5.firstones.com

buda5.firstones.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 8 months ago #10781 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic Flight Performance
Narrowing the internal camera FOV does wonders for making the small ships more visible. The only downside (which doesn't bother me) is that the cockpit becomes a little less visible. PS set the FOV to about 63 degrees (1.1 radians), but I find that between 40 to 50 degrees (0.7 to 0.87 radians) gives a better, more realistic view.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 8 months ago #10810 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Flight Performance
I tried changing the focal length, in flux and via pog but it didn't work in the MP game [V]

I dunno why[?]

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 8 months ago #10827 by Second Chance
Not this:
focal_length = 100

This:
field_of_view = 0.71

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)

More
19 years 8 months ago #10849 by Roi Danton
Replied by Roi Danton on topic Flight Performance
Btw, we @Buda5 also played the game a while with these settings (for fighter combats):
[icInternalCamera]
neck_stiffness = 1.5
acceleration_stiffness = 0.5
acceleration_scale = 0.001
yaw_ratio = 0.05
pitch_ratio = 0.05
roll_ratio = 0.05
lateral_ratio = (-0.01,-0.01,-0.01)
focal_length = 50
field_of_view = 0.6

But we changed them after a while back to default 'cause it's more difficult to hit on close distances. Well, if you want to see the other fighters more detailed feel free to try these settings. :)

buda5.firstones.com

buda5.firstones.com

More
19 years 8 months ago #10858 by Second Chance
I know you're tired of hearing from me about this by now, but, I've never had any problems of any kind using an FOV of 0.71 or lower. How could it be harder to hit up close when the weapons are mostly aimed by flux anyway? I use a much narrower firing arc for weapons than the standard game and I've never had any unusual trouble hitting things at any distance. Everything looks much better and even the smallest ships show up wonderfully (and the big ships are impressively massive). I'm not saying that you should use it, but I've been using narrower FOVs since I started EoC and I've only ever seen benefits.