the "Labyrinth" Map

More
19 years 10 months ago #18087 by MajorTom
the "Labyrinth" Map was created by MajorTom
Have you tried out the "Labyrinth" map for the "Search and Destroy" game yet?

Is it cool (or frustrating) to buzz around in the tunnels looking for the pods?

The junctions of the maze are kinda makeshift because we don't have an asteroid with 3 (or four openings) so there are 4 tunnels stuck together at some points.
If we had a tunnel asteroid with 2 side entrances (like a T) it would be better (and easier) to set up. Alternativly a "Large Hollow Asteroid" with 3 entrances (instead of just the 2 they have) would do it. Is it lots of work to make/modify a model like that?

BTW: This map gives you a good idea of how precisely you can place objects with the map.ini file. It's amazing isn't it?

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 10 months ago #10061 by Second Chance
Replied by Second Chance on topic the "Labyrinth" Map
It shouldn't be difficult to make, but I'm kinda swamped finishing the ships. And I don't know how Shane is doing with the DS, it seems like a handful.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 10 months ago #10072 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic the "Labyrinth" Map
I've got some stock asteroid models I could boolean some holes through and then jitter. Wouldn't take an hour or so (but I'd send them to you MT to put in the game if you don't mind... I'm also swamped with Epic stations and Death Stars).

The textures won't match the ones in-game though. They'd be close, but not exact.

What sizes would the asteroids be?

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

More
19 years 10 months ago #10086 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic the "Labyrinth" Map
for a Junction we would need something around 200 m long and maybe 100 wide. The tunnels that cross should have an inside diameter at around 80 m.

That would help lots to have one of them

Ideally we would need a large hollow asteroid with 3 entrances.
The one we have only has 2 in it. it's in StarWars/sims/multiplayer/LHAgr222_wr"
It's huge (you can put a whole station in it)

Edit/ we could get by without the 3 holes large hollow asteroid if we put a "junction asteroid" at one of the entrances.
/Edit

More
19 years 10 months ago #10128 by Shane
Replied by Shane on topic the "Labyrinth" Map
I'm working on the asteroid MajorTom, but am suffering some of Flux's hi-jinks. It won't display at all. But, given time, I should be able to track the problem down. Just wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten it.

Emailing you a pic to show you the basic shape.

<font size="1"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font color="black">"Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered together. This was no disciplined march; it was a stampede-- without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of Civilisation... of the massacre of Mankind."
--H. G. Wells The War Of The Worlds</font id="black"></font id="Book Antiqua"> </font id="size1">

More
19 years 10 months ago #10137 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic the "Labyrinth" Map
Thanks Shane,
I got the pic. It looks just fine for our purpose

We can probably place it so it sticks together with the other asteroids and thus improves the maze concept easily.