SW MP Voice/Sound stuff

More
19 years 10 months ago #10005 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic SW MP Voice/Sound stuff

Originally posted by Second Chance

What's an auto taunt? Couldn't you make more by making your own taunt code with an INI list of sounds? (Lol, see how easy it is to add things to a project until it never has a chance of being completed :p.)

Yep, it sure is easy to add on ;) but I like to polish more than I like to write completly new functions anyhow.

The auto taunts are in the flux.ini way up at the top in the section
[FcClient]
taunts[0] = "Nice shot"
taunts[1] = "Eat lead, suckers"
taunts[2] = "You will live to regret that"
taunts[3] = "Go chew on an antineutrino"

We can change them to fit the appropriate text streams from Hot4, like "Die Rebel scum." ect.
I'm pretty sure we can add more, with a few redundent, nearly identical script blocks. More than 6 will probably be hard to memorize though?

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 10 months ago #10044 by MajorTom
Good news for Hot4 and everyone! :D

The sound files are really cool. They come through loud and clear. [^]
I'm sure they will not be overheard in battle!

now at the push of a button:

(Button = shift+1)
If you are a rebel: "Heh heh, one less imperial to worry about"
If you are an Imp: "These Rebels can't harm us!"

(Button = shift+2 )
if you are a rebel: "Die Imperial Dog!"
if you are an Imp: "Die Rebel Scum!"

and so on

It works great and sounds cool! The first noob players to hear that will probably go screaming for mommy[8D]

Just in case some players "overdo it": I could put a button in the main GUI named "mute voice taunts"?
You can disable it easily enough though manually: just rename the folder where the voice streams are located.

More
19 years 10 months ago #10051 by MajorTom
More great news on the sound stuff!

The composers have given us permission to use thier stuff!
One of them even offered to make customised music for us!
(He's the guy who did the "TieFighter opening" music you hear when the GUI starts up)
I've asked him to do the rebel fleet assembly part from RotJ like SC suggested. we'll see...

The only thing left is to get permission for the "Cantina" music. The email addy I have for him is "unknown", but I wrote to the webmaster where I got the mp3.

More
19 years 10 months ago #10053 by Hot4Darmat
Replied by Hot4Darmat on topic SW MP Voice/Sound stuff
Hey MT, great news indeed! Were you able to find a use for the file that says "Mommy!"? Some of those files were meant for use with bots just before they go BOOM. I included the 'Darth Darmat' files just in case we eventually get a suprememely fast and accurate AI-piloted model of the batwing TIE special for use in the Imperial DS defence. If you can think of any other things you'd like to hear, let me know and I'll do what I can to record them.

Excellent news about the music, too. This is going to be very cool! I'll be dl'ing it tonight to try out this weekend.

--
Hot4Darmat

More
19 years 10 months ago #10054 by MajorTom
Cool idea, [8D]
Yes, I think we can put a random generator in the bot death_script so a bot will occasionally cry for "mommy" or scream out a "Nooooo!"

We'll have to try it out....

I want to upload a new version tonight (my time) so you will be able to hear the voice streams (and see some of the other new stuff).

It should be avaliable around noon your time (I'll post in the "Mod Dev Version DL" thread as soon as it is up)

More
19 years 10 months ago #10063 by Second Chance
Awsome! I'm glad we'll be able to package all the audio with the mod. I really didn't like the idea of relying on external sources. So, great job everyone!

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4