file SW MP Voice/Sound stuff

More
19 years 9 months ago #10431 by Roi Danton
Replied by Roi Danton on topic SW MP Voice/Sound stuff
If you need an additional sound designer I could ask the sound designer and composer of the TBP project (Freespace 2 Bab5 Mod)/IFH project (Freeware Bab5 space simulator) for his input for this project.

~Buda5 Designer & Scripter
buda5.firstones.com

buda5.firstones.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 9 months ago #10434 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic SW MP Voice/Sound stuff
We definatly need some star warsy sounding background music for during the game that doesn't get too annoying after a while (like the cantina music does).

Do you think he would be interested in composing something like that?

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 9 months ago #10442 by Roi Danton

Originally posted by MajorTom

We definatly need some star warsy sounding background music for during the game that doesn't get too annoying after a while (like the cantina music does).

I asked him. Also he can make voice recordings with background sounds (i.e. radio communication) if required (for the AI bots or missions) - well I don't know if you have already one for this (Hot4Darmat?).

buda5.firstones.com

buda5.firstones.com

More
19 years 9 months ago #10455 by Hot4Darmat
Replied by Hot4Darmat on topic SW MP Voice/Sound stuff
I've done some voice file recordings, but more would be welcome (there are only so many ways an individual's voice can be disguised). I'd find out first what specific kinds of recordings are needed first, though. MT is the coordinator for this, so I'll defer to him on that.

--
Hot4Darmat

More
19 years 9 months ago #10521 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic SW MP Voice/Sound stuff
Hot4Darmat,

Tarcoon has now made a captured version of Nolans intro cutscene.

It is 25 mb in size. It is a little "jerky" and "hazy" due to relativly low frame rates and is only 640x320. But, it's not that bad(imo).
Tarcoon did a great job with the resources he has. The sound/scene synchorization is still perfect and the audio volume good.

I guess I could upload it to our dev area and Soup' could move it somewheres else for public access, if you, Hot4 think it's ok to release like it is. (I'll have to ask Soup' first though).
We'll just have to think of some excuse for the low capture quality, like maybe the DL size.

(actually the movie isn't bad at all, When I saw it I thought OMG I pogged that?)

On voice files,
We only need 4 or 5 more voice overs (that I can think of now). For these, Hot4's "computer voice" (Emily) would be perfect!

We need:
"Requesting immediate utility vehicle service!"
(When you call a CUV bot or player)

"The utility vehicle is approaching"
(when the player tries to call again although a CUV is already on it's way)

"your vessel has been re-armed and repaired"
(after the CUV has loaded you the first time)

"vessel has been re-armed and partially repaired"
(when you are repaired the 2nd time and thereafter)

Oh yeh, I nearly forgot:

"Standby... proceeding through the ship check list"
(For when the anti-cheat test is being performed before the client can join a game )

Roi, If we do need any more voiceovers, we could well use a new voice around here (even though Hot4 does a great job). ;)

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 9 months ago #10527 by Roi Danton

Originally posted by MajorTom

Roi, If we do need any more voiceovers, we could well use a new voice around here

Okay, say me if you need one or two more ... I have a mic and software for recording (in the past I made some recordings for the Buda5 Mission Collection as well).

@Music: I've talked to Black Sheep (the "sound/music man") and he meant it would be too much work if there are no midi files or sheet music as template. (and he just makes real orchestra sounds with drum sets, percussion, horns, violins etc)
The current music you got from a website and hobby composers? And I assume you didn't think on cutting the original music due to the copyright of the songs?

buda5.firstones.com

buda5.firstones.com