Project Simerge. Dead or in cold storage?

More
8 years 4 months ago #20029 by 7upMan
Kidding about being crazy or about being a good pilot? ;-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #20031 by Chessking

So apparently it's all in C++. :pinch: I only know C# and pog, so figuring out simerge could take years.

I don't know C++ either, but I already plan on learning someday.
www.learncpp.com/

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
8 years 4 months ago #20032 by IronDuke

7upMan wrote: Kidding about being crazy or about being a good pilot? ;-)

Being crazy, you silly person you! :lol:

BTW thanks for the link Chessking; that should be helpful, if I don't go into information overload... :P

--IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

More
8 years 4 months ago #20033 by Chessking

if I don't go into information overload...

Yeah, the site covers even the basics pretty thoroughly. All you need to know is the syntax so you can do the same things with C++ as you can with C#. One thing that I hope the site teaches is how to draw to the canvas. I took a Java class once, and it was all console work.

By the way, I forgot to mention: The Mechcommander 2 open source code is in C++, and I can understand it pretty well. It is quite similar to Javascript.

This is one tough navy, boy. They don't give you time off, even for being dead. -Clay

Storm Petrel

More
8 years 4 months ago #20039 by Chessking
Here's some information on .DLLs:
fileinfo.com/extension/dll

It says .DLLs can be opened with Microsoft Visual Studio. I don't know if this would do any good though, if the .DLLs are compiled.

Storm Petrel