The Expanse - I-War as a book series

More
8 years 3 months ago #20030 by 7upMan
Watched the first ep already. It's definitely quite close to the book, although - as was already known from the trailer - Avisarala, whose first appearance was in the second book, was moved to the first season. So this probably won't be done like in Game of Thrones with one book, one season. Then again, you never know the execs. ;-)

The production value is very high, as is the attention to detail. When the Belters talk to each other in their slang, it's just awesome! Also, they chose actors with really long limbs, which helps convey the image of Belters.

However, apparently there's still enough air in space so that you can hear sound. Gravity did a better job there. Still, that's complaining on a very high level. ;-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #20035 by schmatzler
Due to a mistake by Comcast episodes 3 and 4 have been leaked. 2 is still missing, though - so I will not watch them yet.

Edit: Looks like someone got hold of episode 2, too. I'm outta here for a few hours! :P

Space. The final frontier.

More
8 years 3 months ago #20036 by 7upMan
Yeah, but can you tell me if the OSEC capped file is worth the download? I got a warning that OSEC sometimes cuts the end or has issues with playback on some devices (and I watch my eps with a BD player).

More
8 years 3 months ago #20037 by schmatzler
According to the guys over at kat.cr, the episode is fine. 0SEC tends to cut off the credits, though.

More
8 years 3 months ago #20038 by 7upMan
Also, I just found the internal web-dl release, which is supposed to be even better. Well, we'll see...

More
5 years 10 months ago #20687 by schmatzler
The Expanse has been canceled yesterday by SyFy.
At least there are eight episodes left to enjoy, but damn. I REALLY hate this station.

They call themselves a Science Fiction channel and yet they cancel everything that's in this genre. First Dark Matter and now this.
SyFy doesn't deserve this genre.

I doubt Netflix will pick it up.