file The Expanse - I-War as a book series

More
9 years 2 months ago #19273 by 7upMan
Hi guys,

I'd like to point you to a book series that I discovered with the help of a friendly person in the GOG forum. "The Expanse" is a four part book series available at your bookstore. The books are written by two authors that use the pen name James S. A. Corey.

Here is the link to the GOG forum thread: www.gog.com/forum/independence_war_serie...nse_eoc_similarities

This is the Wiki article: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leviathan_Wakes

According to Wiki, SyFy plans to release a TV show with ten hour-long episodes this year: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Expanse_%28TV_series%29

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #19283 by schmatzler
That. Looks. Awesome.

I'm not THAT excited about Science Fiction books, since they are still being made and haven't vanished that much.

But SciFi TV series are almost nonexistant anymore. I love some good old space operas! The last thing we had on TV was the remake of Battlestar Galactica (which was awesome) and then...nothing happened anymore.

I still remember the good old 90s with Star Trek, Babylon 5, seaQuest, Earth 2, Stargate and many many more...I'm looking forward to this! :)

BTW, I have also found a lot of well-written Fanfictions, even a crossover with BSG...I will add these to the website very soon.

Space. The final frontier.

More
9 years 2 months ago #19285 by 7upMan
Well, obviously I cannot speak for The Expanse as a TV show (after all, filming started only last October), but speaking for the book series, I can only say that this is one of the very best sci-fi book series I've ever read. The people, the technology, the environments and the overall universe feels very much alive. There's some very well written dialogue, too. If the TV show will be even half as good as the books, it will definitely be a must buy for me!

As for the 90's with their wave of great sci-fi TV shows, yes, I miss that too. Of the contemporary TV shows I can only recommend "Defiance" (www.imdb.com/title/tt2189221/?ref_=nv_sr_1). It is way better than its IMDB rating of 7.0. The individual episodes all have a rating of 8.0 and upwards. Do have a look and tell me what you think.

P.S.: Schmatzler, you have a very good taste when it comes to TV shows, I must grant you that. ^^

More
8 years 10 months ago #19686 by IronDuke
Just found out that the Phoenix Public Library carries all four books - time for a reading splurge!! :silly:

--IronDuke

Very little about the game is not known to me. Any questions you got, throw them at me. :)

More
8 years 10 months ago #19688 by schmatzler
There's already a trailer for the TV series. With some remarkable faces, like Mike from Breaking Bad. :)

More
8 years 8 months ago #19784 by schmatzler
They've put out a new trailer:

www.ew.com/article/2015/07/09/expanse-trailer

The following user(s) said Thank You: 7upMan