Stations with Pod Spewers

More
18 years 11 months ago #18444 by cambragol
Because Epic has a very detailed trading simulation, and because we wanted to make it as realistic as possible, we decided that we would only use stations with pod spewers (Which we are going to utilize for unloading and loading of cargo). However, this meant that several very nice stations would be left out. So I set out to fix this. I set out to add fully functioning podspewers to existing (and new!) stations. Well, I have succeeded. I have already updated several existing stations and created several new ones that have fully functional podspewers. I am not sure how much of a mystery this was, or whether it was one at all. The key was in attaching the correct dockport, namely /subsims/dockports/unload_port. Once this was attached to the station, via the lws file that accompanies the ini file to call the station, traffic would begin lining up and unloading pods. Pods would float out into space, then back again and land on the end of the pod spewer, where they were feed into the station via the conveyer belt. The dockport even worked when it was not correctly aligned with the Podspewer. It worked no matter where it was actually. Anyways, here is a shot of a new custom station with podspewer in action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 11 months ago #13013 by GrandpaTrout
Very nice! Am I seeing this correctly? That station is gripping to the side of the asteroid?

More
18 years 11 months ago #13014 by cambragol
Replied by cambragol on topic Stations with Pod Spewers
Oh yes...that is correct! There is also another section to the station gripping the other side of the asteroid! I have 5 more stations like this, all attached to or gripping various asteroids.

Here is a shot from the top, and one of another new asteroid station (with a few more in the background)