The "new" Mon Calamari MC80 Cruiser

More
19 years 6 months ago #18259 by Second Chance
Well, here she is in her current state. Which is nowhere near done. I still have a lot of detail structures to add to the top, and there aren't any structures at all on the bottom (hence, no underside pics). It's finally coming along though :D.

Despite the lack of good reference material I think she might come out pretty well after all. But I had to take a lot of artistic liberty with the size, shape and placement of details. I hope everyone approves of my choices. I'm trying very hard to make it as accurate as possible.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 6 months ago #11758 by MajorTom
It looks great to me and very promising as far as your artistic liberty goes. I don't think it's necessary to be really concerned about authenticity in this case.

Glad to see you're coming along with it :D

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 6 months ago #11762 by Shane
Looks great! I bet it will be fun flying around that. [8D]

How many polys do you currently have in her?

More
19 years 6 months ago #11763 by Second Chance
Believe me, don't ask.

I can't tell you right now anyway. My motherboard just self-destructed and took the hard-drive with it. So I'm typing this on one of the work-stations.

But, before panic ensues; luckily, I saw this coming and copied my entire documents folder (with all my 3D and mod work, 14 gigs onto this work-station just hours before it happened.

The techs are trying to salvage my hard disc and image it onto a new drive, but they're not hopeful. They said a diagnostic showed better than 90% cluster failure (or something on the drive.

On the up-side, though; the new motherboard is an upgrade. Yay me! :p

Once I get my computer back, Shane, I'll post some poly stats for you. I bet you'll have a seizure. :D

*edit*
btw Shane, I've been meaning to ask; what's up with that nifty new sig pic?

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

More
19 years 6 months ago #11764 by Shane
Sorry to hear about the motherboard failure, but glad you suffered no data loss from it.

The techs are trying to salvage my hard disc and image it onto a new drive, but they're not hopeful.

Your own tech support. Wow. I gotta get me some of them. :D

Once I get my computer back, Shane, I'll post some poly stats for you. I bet you'll have a seizure.

Heh... I bet my graphics card has a seizure when I get that ship on-screen. :p Luckily, I plan to upgrade in a month or two and make this computer (and two others) the first additions to my render farm.

btw Shane, I've been meaning to ask; what's up with that nifty new sig pic?

The latest project I'm currently obsessing over. :D I'm never happy unless I drown myself in projects.:p:D

More
19 years 6 months ago #11772 by Hot4Darmat
SC, the mon calamari cruiser looks fabulous. I can't wait to see these things in the game.

--
Hot4Darmat