Modeling vs. Texturing

More
19 years 11 months ago #18080 by Second Chance
I know that lately I haven't been turning out models as fast as I was earlier. But here's my plan: Since texturing can easily take as much time as modeling, I thought that perhaps it would be more expedient if I focused on finishing the meshes and LW setups instead of completing individual models. This way, testing can be done immediately, without having to wait for models. While the testing is being done, I can then go back and finish the models with textures. When the textured models are ready, you can simply replace the untextured models in the mod with the textured ones.

This is probably how it should've been done in the first place, but we weren't that organized back then ;).

MajorTom, if this way would be easier for you, just say the word. I can give you the B-Wing and Falcon by tommorrow, get started on the Tie Bomber and probably have that for you within the next few days. Then I can wrap up the Star Destroyer and you can start testing that as well. Then the Y-Wing. While your testing and Pogging for all that stuff, I can finish up the textures for everything. Would that work?

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 11 months ago #10007 by MajorTom
Replied by MajorTom on topic Modeling vs. Texturing
Sure, that would work,(asuming I can see the models in game)

As far as pogging goes, we're nearly done.
The only thing that really still open: Turrets implimentation.

All the other pog functionality is done! Except for a few bits of work to add in some extended anti-Cheat functions, then the polish up and add on stuff. It's not more than a weeks work (without the turrets)

Iwar2 Multiplayer Fan Site

More
19 years 11 months ago #10011 by Second Chance

(asuming I can see the models in game)

Absolutely, they'll just be grey instead of texture mapped. In fact, they'll look just like the B-Wing does now.

mailto:second_chance@cox.net
The Ultimate Guide To Modding: I-War 2 - Edge Of Chaos (on hold during SW MP mod)
cartoons.sev.com.au/index.php?catid=4