HELP with megatrucking mod

More
17 years 8 months ago #18842 by moondog
Hi Guys: downloaded the megatrucking mod and the saved game, and it seems to work ok, hired a utility ship went to the common metals processor had the utility vich.dock with the processor, tried to sell some cargo and nothing... nothing on the screen where there should be @400,000k worth of metals. at least according to the readme file anyway. So did I miss something? and where do the pog files go? are they supposed to go to any particular folder or just stay in the zipped format in the mods folder?
Also if I just decided to sell the megafreighter and down sized to a regular freighter could I do that?
thanks for the help

The Era of Goodwill Toward Man is Over!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 8 months ago #15409 by mdvalley
Replied by mdvalley on topic HELP with megatrucking mod
All of the POG files need to go in your i-war\mods\ms_mod_main folder. The ini file goes in the i-war\mods\MS_Mod_Ships\sims\ships\player\ folder. (If these directories do not exist, create them.)

When you load the provided save, you should be in a megafreighter yourself. Simply dock your own ship to a station to buy or sell pods. The ship will only dock to the cargo spewer port, so if there’s a line, leave and come back and it’ll (hopefully) be available.

Do not enter the base in the megafreighter under any circumstances! There is a bug in the base code that would make you lose the ship. If you want to save, you can travel a few thousand km from any station and the game will let you save.

And note that the megafreighter has no weapons, so be careful where you fly.

Hope this helps.

More
17 years 8 months ago #15418 by moondog
Replied by moondog on topic HELP with megatrucking mod
yeah I hired a snrv? and tried to have it dock with the station but it would only try to dock with the reactor and thus it could'ent dock at all, so eather the snrv isen't the right kind of ship for the freighter or there's a bug in the mod. is there a better kind of ship for the freighter? what do you use? oh and thanks for the reply I was woundering if everybody had moved on to better thing's around here.

More
17 years 8 months ago #15421 by mdvalley
There’s a better kind of ship for the freighter... you’re driving it! Who needs a snrv when the megafreighter you got holds 48 pods? Dock yourself to the base and buy your stuff. No snrv required.

And when you say “reactor�, do you mean the big round thing with the glow inside it? That’s the spewer. Cargo ships are supposed to dock with that.

More
17 years 8 months ago #15424 by moondog
Replied by moondog on topic HELP with megatrucking mod
ok got the mega trucking mod working but I don't think it's quite right. as there arent 6 megapods on it, so I don't have 400,000k and there's no way to load pods that I've bought onto the megahauler so I think there's somthing wrong here....

More
17 years 8 months ago #15427 by mdvalley
If you push f2, you should see the outside view of your ship. After loading the save, the ship should be the megafreighter with pods. If all the pkg files were installed right (and the duplicates overwritten), and the ini file in the right place, then I’m not sure what else can be done.