Inside Station Screen

More
17 years 9 months ago #18836 by VirtualCLD
I know I haven't been around in awhile, but I wanted to go back to some of my older modding ideas now that Torn Stars has been out for a while. I was curious to see how the team modified the internal ex-Lucretias's base screen. Now when you dock and you enter a station, you get a menu with only the Hanger option available. You can also Escape to the sub0main menu and save your game. I found where the Enter Station button is in the source code with the "PressEnterStation()" function and it looks like there are two calls:
// Cause the player base screens to load.
GUI.PopScreensTo("icSPMasterScreen");
GUI.PushScreen("icSPPlayerBaseScreen");
which load the base screen, but I can't figure out how that's done or how the base screen was modified from its original version. I wanted to play around with that for the original game, but I can't figure out how it's done. Any help or pointing in the right direction, namely how the Torn Stars team modified the original base screen, would be a big help. Thanks.

EDIT:
So after a few days of poking around, I found out where the Base menus were changed (I still don't remember how I stumbled onto it, but somehow I did). It looks like you are using the original iBaseGUI package and you are calling the functions to disable all of the other menus. I had thought you re-built the entire BaseGUI from scratch, but that would have taken too long and using the original GUI is much easier and probably cleaner. Unfoprtunately, is still doesn't help my idea of editing the BaseGUI without have to re-build the whole thing, however I may be able implement what I want to do elsewhere.

In the mean time, is it possible to edit some of the GUIs in the Epic mod without having to change the source code? In other words, can I add more buttons or functionality to the trade screen or the docked to station (such as purchasing a ship) screen without changing the original code. I"m thinking no, but I'm still hoping/looking for script that may enable to catch and interrupt the Epic mod and give me a chance to edit the GUI.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.