NEW GAME PROBLEMS

More
17 years 9 months ago #15343 by dezgard
Replied by dezgard on topic NEW GAME PROBLEMS
i have the same problem but with out the memory error does this without the patch and with the patch i tryed using the "dgVoodoo" but no affect just get a spining planet with no menu's

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: TOSHIBA
System Model: Equium A60
BIOS: Insyde Software MobilePRO BIOS Version 4.20.01
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.80GHz
Memory: 704MB RAM
Page File: 221MB used, 1444MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

iwar2 (DX7) - Registry: OK, ExeFile: loader.exe ()

i'll try to get a screen shot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 8 months ago #15408 by moondog
Replied by moondog on topic NEW GAME PROBLEMS
id say redownload torn stars and try to install using new download see if that helps

The Era of Goodwill Toward Man is Over!

The Era of Goodwill Toward Man is Over!

More
17 years 6 months ago #15510 by Silverspec
Replied by Silverspec on topic NEW GAME PROBLEMS
Help my game's main menu only shows cal spining around i circles and yellow bars in the bottom right hand corner. It says"The instruction at 0x10010d52 referenced memory at 0x04244493. The memory could not be "read". This happened after i installed the 14.6 patch from the game web site. I tryed to install torn-stars but it said that some files in the installer are coruppt. I really need help and if you have the answer please send it too mailto:austinkoro@yahoo.com]austinkoro@yahoo.com . Thx and please help.

More
17 years 6 months ago #15541 by GrandpaTrout
Replied by GrandpaTrout on topic NEW GAME PROBLEMS
Silverspec,

I do not recognize your problem right away. We need more details. Try these steps, and take written notes of exactly what happens.

Try uinstalling and then reinstalling EoC (be sure to use custome uninstall to remove all the registry entries).
If there is an error while installing, write down exactly what the message says, and write down at what step it happens (which buttons you clicked, what the screen is showing).

After you install EoC then apply patch two.

After applying patch two, run the game. Make sure you can start a new game and everything works fine. If it does not work fine, then there is a problem with your EoC install disk, your hardware, or your drivers.

If running EoC works fine, then shut down the game and install torn stars. Restart the game and see if everything works.

If you are using a hacked version of the game then we need to know these things.

More
17 years 6 months ago #15542 by JT
Replied by JT on topic NEW GAME PROBLEMS

Originally posted by GrandpaTrout
If you are using a hacked version of the game then we need to know these things.

As does the software piracy division of the ESA. ;-)

"Important Note to Purchasers: This is a 100% matter product; in the unlikely event that this merchandise should contact antimatter in any form, a catastrophic explosion will result."

Surgeon-General's Warning: Early test cases of Torn Stars have resulted in fatalities. The errors in the software should be gone by now. Hopefully.

More
17 years 5 months ago #15548 by Bozobub
Replied by Bozobub on topic NEW GAME PROBLEMS
Um, well, while I don't exactly support pirating EoC, it's just the plain truth that, as "abandonware", the game is damn near impossible to FIND for purchase! I was lucky; a friend just gave me the game... He thought it was just too damn hard and he knew I love good space combat/trading/etc. sims.

I really think folks should do their damndest to buy the game but... Hrm.