Hacking cargo like vanilla EoC

More
18 years 5 months ago #14360 by Jasper
It would be good to have a wingman command to pick up all pods of the same type as the currently targeted one.

useful if you know there is something that will sell well.

---
If there is hope it lies with the demo scene.
PSO and FTEX tools: pointless.net/eoc/

---
If there is hope it lies with the demo scene.
PSO and FTEX tools: pointless.net/eoc/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 5 months ago #14434 by theBlind
"I just want to dock a few of all the cargo thats floating around"

Use the dock selected cargo wingman command?

on wings of destiny
through virgin skies
to far horizons I will fly

---
on wings of destiny
through virgin skies
to far horizons I will fly

More
18 years 4 months ago #14509 by JT
Replied by JT on topic Hacking cargo like vanilla EoC
That's what he was doing. It's painful. ;-)

What we're looking for is a way to easily tag specific items out of a whole cluster of cargo, and only claim the ones we actually want when we instruct our transport to pick them up.

In vanilla EoC, this was as simple as pressing the "Target Object Closest to Reticle" button twice -- first time would select the cargo, second time would subtarget it (which EoC defined as tagging the cargo for Jafs). In Torn Stars, you can target the pod in the same way, but you can't tag it in the same way: you must manually press the J key to hack it because trying to subtarget the cargo doesn't do anything. We're looking to eliminate that extra step and just allow a second press of the target button to claim the cargo for pickup.

My implementation concept: a new key bind is added to the config file and it is bound to the same button as your subtarget function; if you press that button and your target doesn't change, and your old target is a cargo pod, then you must want to claim the pod you have targetted. "Untagging" a pod is the reverse: if you have a targetted pod which you have hacked, pressing the function again would unclaim the pod and restore its faction ownership.

"The art of flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss." --Douglas Adams

Surgeon-General's Warning: Early test cases of Torn Stars have resulted in fatalities. The errors in the software should be gone by now. Hopefully.